Anyone use sun gloves for fishiing?

K

kbobb

If so what is your impression of them? do they replace sun screen? they seem more convenient than using sun screen and i am considering them. Curious if they compromise rod handling, tying on flies, etc.
thanks

Put on a pair of the thinnest gloves you can get your hands on, like a batting or golf glove and you’ll have an idea how sun gloves feel, even though most have exposed fingertips.

If I felt compelled to wear sun gloves, I know MY hands would sweat like crazy because they do so without gloves if I do any hiking so at minimum, I’d cut out the palms.

I personally can’t stand any gloves unless it is absolutely freezing and in summer, unless I am fishing out in the open because my sun exposure is minimal because of trees.

I always have a bandanna around my neck and a hat with a brim. I apply sunscreen to sensitive areas like my neck, face, ears and arms and the back of my hands making sure to wash off my palms and I’m good to go.

Obviously, YMMV.

pm sent

I picked up a pair of Booms Fishing FG2 Fingerless Fishing Gloves (UPF50+ UV Protection) Sun Gloves
I don't feel the need to use them much in PA, I got them for when we travel cross country and i want to fish at the beach in Florida or in hotter climates like Arizona.

I find they don't impact fishing much. they are light weight and the grip on the palms prevents slipping. They can actually help keep your hands cool if you dunk the water periodically. Because they are fingerless, you don't loose any dexterity for knot tying.

For $15, it's a safe investment and i like them because you can avoid covering your hands in sunscreen which is not great for fly lines. If you're on the fence, pick up a pair and try them. If you don't like them, you're not out much.

+1 on the Amazon gloves- used them in Florida this year and they performed well. Saved my stripping finger from getting chewed up as well!

I have a pair of the Simms guide gloves with leather palm. If I rowing a lot and dropping the anchor 30 times a day, it saves the hands. Back is lightweight breathable material that's SPF 50. I haven't minded them when fishing and they help keep me at 500 liver spots on each hand. LoL

+1 with crayfish. I use them when I float for bass in the summer. Keeps the sun off (sunscreen wears off too quickly and I forget to reapply) and the added bonus it saves the hands from the oars and anchor rope

Back