Anyone looking for a used drift boat?

krayfish2

krayfish2

I've been looking for quite some time to get something for myself and the nephews.

I have spoken with Mike at Stealthcraft and these used boats are on their facebook page. The prices range from $2000 - $4650. Starter boat all the way up to Hyde Lo Pro that's only seen 10 floats. If you are in the market, might be worth a call to them.

Attachments

• 2001 - 15'.jpg
    2001 - 15'.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 20
  • Koffler - 15'.jpg
    Koffler - 15'.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 15
  • 2001 - 12'.jpg
    2001 - 12'.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 15
  • 11' stalker.jpg
    11' stalker.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 17
  • Hyde lo pro.jpg
    Hyde lo pro.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 15
How much is the hyde? Looking into getting one this summer.

Kev,

That Hyde is a little dirty but that's from sitting. Relatively unused. I think he wants $4600 for it. Try to find one less $5500 - $6500.....probably won't.

I'll also offer this advice as I found out by making tons of calls....

I thought late winter / spring was the time to look as guides were getting new boats for the upcoming season. Wrong. September to November is the sweet spot for trade ins. If you call Mike, he might work with you on that particular boat or they can call ya when they get a trade that fits what you're looking for and your budget. WBA has a used on cheap but it's in need of major work.

They make some sweet boats. Looking to get one of Mike's new soft boats in the next 6 months.

Well, I lost my mind and took out a loan. The build of l new boat just started. Excited yet terrified. I really like the soft boat idea but went with the traditional hard boat style. Tired of feeding the river ererytime I drop something in my pontoon. In addition, Kramer the amazing fishing Brittany can spot rises for me.

Dkile....seat reserved for ya. Make the trip up some time.

Kray, you won't regret it. You'll look back and chuckle about your soft boat days...:)

I'll still use the toon for low water / days when dragging is needed or solo trips. I love my pontoon. I can nymph while floating. Can't do that solo in a drift boat.

I would buy one but you can not still use them on the upper part of the Lehigh Gorge and we deal with lots of low water areas down here. I love that 11' boat though. That is right up my alley.

Charlie,

Problem solved.... check these out. Not cheap but they are best of both worlds.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/StealthCraftBoatscom/225455544150534?sk=videos&ref=page_internal#!/video.php?v=952396491456432&set=vb.225455544150534&type=2&theater

Attachments

• soft boat.jpg
    soft boat.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 5
  • sof boat 2.jpg
    sof boat 2.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 6
That thing is awesome. I really like not having to trailer things, but that boat has a lot of capability.

You'll have to trailer unless you drive a rollback.... 16' long!! Lights, rod storage and all the goodies. Bounce off boulders without too much worry. It is cool

krayfish2 wrote:
Charlie,

Problem solved.... check these out. Not cheap but they are best of both worlds.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/StealthCraftBoatscom/225455544150534?sk=videos&ref=page_internal#!/video.php?v=952396491456432&set=vb.225455544150534&type=2&theater

That is the exact boat that I am referring to.

I think the standard toons are aire. Mike dies offer a downgraded maxxon toon that will cut the cost a bit. I kicked around the room idea before I pulled the trigger. Very cool concept

Kray...you won't regret the move to a solid hull. I have an aluminum Kohler and while it is a little harsh hitting rocks ( where the toon bounced) off, I wouldn't trade back.

Don't miss fixing leaks in the toons, dropping stuff through the floor and having to lash everything in so it doesn't fall out and beat me down the river. Actually raced the cooler downstream once after it slipped off.

Room and comfort are worth it. Lemme know when you get it...would be nice to meet up and do a drift w ya.

You got it. It is under construction currently and hope to see it around the first week of May to middle of May. I hope to have it for a 7 day trip to Hancock in late May. I'm also planning on a few runs down Juniata or Susky in June / July.

Saweet. Now Kramer can frolic freely in the hard body.

That was a major factor in getting the boat. He's getting old and rather than leave him in the crate all day, he can spot fish for me. He's been down the Susky twice on the pontoon and it was a schitt show. LOL. Jumped out after a hooked bass in the narrows and got swept away. Tried to chase him down but kept getting hung up on boulders. He swims like a cinder block so I was freaking out it would be a recovery and not a rescue. Now he's got a life vest and will be tied to rear rowers brace. The other one is afraid of water and freezes up so one at a time in the boat. Took the young one to Susky, tossed him in. He never moved a muscle...just sank. Had to run out and get him. LOL.

Well Andy, you know I love the Delaware just as much as you do. I know how to row a boat, so if ya ever need someone to row while you nymph vice versa, got ya covered! Also know a shuttle for up there as well. -Kev

Oh and what kind of boat did you invest in?

Me thinks Captain Kray is gunna be a popular guy this spring....

Good luck with your boat!

Attachments

• Captain Kray First Mate Kramer.jpg
    Captain Kray First Mate Kramer.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 2
Back