any feed back on st croix's legend elites?

brain

brain

thinking about an 8'-6" 5wt legend elite.

currently alternating between 8' 5wts in either the legend ultra or avid flavors.

I just bought the exact same rod the beginning of this year. I am still blown away by how good this rod is and more than exceeded my expectations. If you are going to the jam I would be more than happy to let you use it for a day.

I have the 8ft 4wt Legend Elite that throws a mean wf5 line. It thros a 4wt line nicley, too.
I gave away an Avid 9ft 5wt that was used prmarily as a back up rod and as a loaner to friends. IMO, It was just OK.

I guess Krayfish's computer is broken. Expect a reply from him in due time. A legend Elite will definitely be the next fly rod I purchase. For the value I don't know if you can find a better rod. I haven't casted a ton of rods but the Legend Elites are really nice.

Cast one before you buy just to make sure you like the taper. Pretty fast with softer tip section. The rod is able to perform as far as your abilities will allow you to push it. It is my first choice almost every time I head out. $450 rod that will hang with $700 rods for sure.

The avid is noticeably slower and bends deeper into the blank. 2 very different rods for sure. I'll be playing golf at Monroe Valley this weekend. If you want to try a 9' 4wt, I'll bring it along. You can demo in Swattie if you'd like. I also have 9' 4wt if you want to try that one instead.

Back