Another piggy!

Nymph-wristed

Nymph-wristed

I have been tied up for the last couple weeks, but here are some pics from earlier this June in Lehigh Valley before the warm up last week. Top right was nearly three hand lengths, so pushing 23 inches! Ate a big jigged bugger. He is the third fish over 20 this charmed spring and the first on meat so far. The other fish from the same morning was 19 and took a golden stone, so a good morning. Lost one in that 18-20" range within the same magic 90 minutes too. That would have been overkill, however....

20220610_070323-COLLAGE.jpg

I have been tied up for the last couple weeks, but here are some pics from earlier this June in Lehigh Valley before the warm up last week. Top right was nearly three hand lengths, so pushing 23 inches! Ate a big jigged bugger. He is the third fish over 20 this charmed spring and the first on meat so far. The other fish from the same morning was 19 and took a golden stone, so a good morning. Lost one in that 18-20" range within the same magic 90 minutes too. That would have been overkill, however....

20220610_070323-COLLAGE.jpg
Love that sloping “Pike like” head on those big males! Well done Sir!

Love that sloping “Pike like” head on those big males! Well done Sir!
Thank you! Totally! I think I told a buddy he was part esox!

Nice ones! I had a 23" bull trout in Idaho look at me like that big brown of yours.

Nice ones! I had a 23" bull trout in Idaho look at me like that big brown of yours.
Thanks, Les! Like, bruh, put me back already... I always wondered about the huge eyes and the sloped head when they get that mature. Maybe there is a connection to the bull trout thing, in that the the body is designed to look up and eat meat?

Back