Another Newbie Jam ? Please...

JVenezia

JVenezia

Wondering if there is anything in the works for another newbie jam or the possibility of another?

Here is link to the Annual Jam held May 17th - 19th. There should be close to 100 members attending and many experienced members willing to help out and teach. It's a great time for all!

JVenezia wrote:
Wondering if there is anything in the works for another newbie jam or the possibility of another?

Why, yes there is!

Foxgap239 will be making the decision as to the date.

At this point, all I can say is it won't be the weekend of the Jam - 'cause we'll be there participating in the festivities. Like Afish said, there's lots of opportunities to fish with some experienced fishermen at the Jam. If there is just one event you plan on attending, this is "the one".

Any newbie "brush up days" will be announced in the Events forum and the Beginner's forum. Stay tuned...

Most fly anglers I know, with sufficient days on the water, would enjoy helping someone along on any of these outings as much as fishing unmolested. That said, the level of instruction will be much greater at an event designed for such a purpose and usually held at times where most people would be less distracted. The annual Jamboree has many newcomers, and unless they are too shy to ask, I have never witnesses a newcomer be shunned in the social interaction, nor when making plans for the following day.

Go to any of the Board "happenings" and listen and learn and try as may be the case with any gathering. 9 times out of ten, you will get some personal attention that will make it well worth attending and being outgoing.

About everyone I fly fish with have been met through these gatherings.

Looks like I have the go ahead for the annual jam. just need to reserve a tent spot and I will be set... Looking forward to it.

In the meantime, just keep practicing and fishing!

I will and thank you again for letting me follow along on Saturday. It was a great time.

Always worth it to see a PA fly fisherman catch his first native...on a dry fly even!

I'm in for a good newbie brush up jam if the date works. Love getting together with the entire group for fun, fishin, and instruction. Gonna make it to the big jam one day as I have never fished east on Mont or Berks County and it looks like good beer, food and yea .. fishing

I'd definitely be in for a newbie jam! I joined the forum a few days after the first one happened :( I 'm new to fly fishing and could use all the help I can get!

Back