Another Cherry Popped .....

Stagger_Lee

Stagger_Lee

Last month VC and today I got my first brookie. Was suppose to fish tomorrow with a few mopes arnd here but considering i don't get a full day that often and the threat of really bad weather I decided last night to take the day off today and work on Saturday.

My first three I lost after the set. Lil guys are so light that I lost each (first 3) when setting the hook .. I raised my rod way to high and brought them above the H20 and they went flying. Then I finally landed my first, of four more, and it settled me down

-1_zps974d2980.jpg

What fun and pretty tho it wasn't even off the beaten path. The second great part was how shocked I was I didnt lose a fly today. Got caught up a few times but not as much as I expected. Caught none on a dry ... all nymphs. I'll have questions abt that

Nice to hear you had a good time. Congrats on your success.

Nice job, Andrew!

Great job! Very different from the big stockie waters eh?

Yea JT ... the direction u sent me was perfect.

There was one local gent and that was it. Nice guy and we chatted for awhile … dude caught abt 40+ fish! Was interesting that these small fish just chomp at the fly, not the nibble and reject of high pressured waters. When the day was thru I went in the other direction abt 1/4 mile down stream and there were a few stockies in very still H20 but I spooked’em and they had no interest in what I was chucken.

Must hit up more brookie streams as this was nice but some of the fotos I have seen on the site are just beautiful. Really enjoyed exploring but I need to go with you guys as to figure out where to find more fish …. When I spoke to the guy I met he said I missed a ton of spots holding a bunch of natives. And I have yet to catch a trout on a dry .. next on the bucket list!

pcray wrote:

Good job stagger! You comin to the jam?

Nah .. not in the cards but fishing, drinking, eating and guitar all sound like a blast. Another time I'm gonna try to fit it in.

Stagger_Lee wrote:
pcray wrote:

Good job stagger! You comin to the jam?

Nah .. not in the cards but fishing, drinking, eating and guitar all sound like a blast. Another time I'm gonna try to fit it in.

Your loss Stagger - usually the brook trout zen master (Pcray) takes some newbies out to learn small stream brookie fishing - just watching him bow and arrow cast is worth the trip. :)

Anyway, glad to see you got in some brookie fishing and can now relate to what all the fuss is about around here. Good stuff.

Congrats stag, brookies are hard to beat.

Back