Another Central, PA heavy brown

Heberly

Heberly

Caught this afternoon, in full sun, go figure.

First person to know via trembling hands was luv2nymph, he was as excited as I was, and that's a great feeling.

The fish gave me a show, holding in 16" of water after being released allowed me to watch in awe for 10 minutes before moving back into the deep.

Awesome!!! You the man...

That's a tremendous accomplishment. What offering did that giant brown take, if you don't mind me asking?

Hot Diggidy.

Thank you my friend. It took a size 14 copper john of all things. I rarely fish with a copper john, however I ran out of my go to, frenchie in the size/weight I needed

I would also like to add, it was caught in thin water, about 14-18" which I consider thin, being he had every opportunity to lay in a nearby hole over 5 feet deep. Full sun. Seems like when you least expect it, it happens!

That is a huge fish. Congrats.

Nice fish.

That's a hard picture to try and get to turn out right.

Awesome brown! Congrats. That might be the biggest I've seen on the forums, excluding lake run browns. We'll have to tell NS there's a new man in town. lol

I've been in the right spot at the right time lately! Not sure what is going on! Just glad I could get two quick photos to share, otherwise it would be the ' one that got away '

FILTHY HOG right there! Well done. Jealous!

BrookieChaser wrote:
Nice fish.

I don't think there's a way to get a picture of a fish like that wrong :) Ya jest can't get the whole fish in the picture, that's all..

salmonoid wrote:
BrookieChaser wrote:
Nice fish.

I don't think there's a way to get a picture of a fish like that wrong :) Ya jest can't get the whole fish in the picture, that's all..

My arms were stretched completely out lol! Good catch! Cell phone was wet, I just kept hitting the photo button and hoping for the best!

lv2nymph wrote:
Awesome!!! You the man...

haha thanks my friend, lucky, should have played the lottery on the way home!

salmonoid wrote:
BrookieChaser wrote:
Nice fish.

That's what I meant. It's a difficult picture to take yourself due to how far you have to hold the camera away. Especially with a phone.

wow. what a fish. i guess he was warming himself up.

did you spot him first ? great spots on him.

Back