ANGLING CHALLENGE!

JG63

JG63

Ok all you fishermen, thread killers, blowhards, old timers, whippersnappers, and tall tale tellers - I challenge you to catch a fish on this "fly". It's on a 4/0 Stainless hook with a Miller bottle cap and a tuft of cat hair. First person to IM me will have it sent via USPS. AFTER photo proof of a catch (fresh or salt) of ANY fish, post it back here and continue the challenge. Let's see how many PAFF personnel can make this ridiculous bug famous!

41DE0BAC-494A-4628-BE40-641F19782284.jpg

This is how it should ride - it is four inches long.

23581F88-5598-469E-A483-041D89E3F9ED.jpg

Let's have some fun with this. It should ride hook up and throw alright on a 6 weight

put me on the list this summer, I know I can run that thing through the ringer! We're still pushing 3' of ice LOL!

JG,

If this was a Yuengling cap…I know fish would bite. You made this tooooooo easy…because of your most excellent tying. As I have stated many times…white kitten fur is preferred…especially by musky.

I want to see you catch something with this "fly" this Sunday. 34 Degrees forecast. I will put you on feeesh. I will take your hoist & grin "hero" shot for you.

If "it" does not land a fish Sunday…you must rescind this challenge and make the fly from a worthy beer. If you do land a "fish" I will purchase you a case of such ****.

NS

P.S. I try to fall under "thread killar" as much as possible

The reward for such a challenge is to small. I will wait until it is more respectable before I op in.

You're on Brian! Will break out the old school neoprenes for Sunday and adjust the Challenge Rules accordingly. BTW, I didn't say I drank Miller (I'm a Troëgs-Yards-Sierra Nevada type) bit thought the cap had the fishiest looking color scheme.

That will be easy to catch fish on. I'll have SkyBay send you a 'carpet fly' and we'll see how you do. LOL.

That will be easy to catch fish on. I'll have SkyBay send you a 'carpet fly' and we'll see how you do. LOL.

I'll have to go on an archeological dig to find a Miller Beer cap, something I've always wanted to do. :)

The "other than Miller/Mustad" source:

6C62AB74-AA29-443C-97FB-D2B945A368CB.jpg

With the amount of hair u used on that streamer, do you now have a bald butt cat?

K2,

I have a "Carpet Fly" streamer crafted by SkyBay.

I will use it while JG fishes the "MillerTime"

PennypackFlyer - do you not see his expression? However, I only cut off tangles but do save them! A renewable resource!

LOL....A lady was at the park brushing her dog's hair and looked at me real strange when I asked for the brush shavings. I told her I'd be back in an hour or so to pick them up. When I returned she had put them in a plastic bag and labeled it for "the fly fisherman".

We also had a rabbit that I'd brush every once in a while for the same purpose. When our beloved rabbit died - I gave all the brushings to my daughter.

When we had chickens I collected the hackle left when they molted.

I've discovered my cats undercoat makes for some excellent tan dubbing. Very cool idea with the challenge!

JG63 was a "no show" Sunday. Something about Serving His Country...

I think it was little faith in his creation...

I had my "Carpet Fly" by Jared tied on and ready to hammer them

Uncle Sam had plans for JG63's day.

K2, You will go fishing before April...Resistance is Futile...the flapping of little tiny wings calls to you

ROTFLMAO.... The champagne of beers is now catching fish.

Back