Am I dreaming or

F

Flydog

did I see a new fly line for $99.95 ????

SA Sharkskin....must be pretty darn good or at lease they think it is good! :roll:

Sorry ........
topic has already been covered in an earlier post!

Still over the top at $99.00

Better have a lifetime guarantee

I can see that nobody has been pricing silk lines (they are expensive 200+). That is why I’m going to buy the Cortland sylk fly lines. If you think about it, if going to last 10 years with a little care that would be the best value.

Joe E

Joe,

I'd say the value is about equal to silk lines. A standard $50 line lasts me about two or two and a half years with less care needed. And I'm very hard on gear.

I'll probably stick with my cortland 444 forever.

Though, I've been thinking of trying some rio lines.

Jay,

Just curious when you say you’re very hard on gear? I have been known not to carry my bamboo rods without a rod tube, leave them in a hot truck and have had them blowout of the back of my truck (real bone head moves) but I have learned over the years. However, I have been fortunate I’ve only ever broke two rods one was a blank that I just finished and was wrapping the tip section (had to make a new tip section) and the other, I sat on an 8’ 5 weight that I laid across the arms of a chair. I still do the non-tube on occasion, but now my rods are up front with me and I watch where I sit in my rod room..

Joe E.

I'm just basing this on my history with gear. I'm clumsy and sometimes reckless when I'm out there. From what I've been told, I move fast, and don't look down. I've broken a few rods and torn a few pair of waders over the last few years, and all of my gear (aside from my rods) lives in the trunk of my car. I have nowhere else to put it, so that's how it has to be. Getting piled in there and not properly hung up can do a number on some stuff too.

I can't wait til next year when I can get a little more space for myself to actually take care of this stuff.

If you like shooting out piles of line from one backcast this product is for you...My local shop had a 9' 4wt demo. The line sails through guides like a hot knife thru butter...

I've heard rumors that it can ruin rod finish.

Anyone confirm or deny?

Back