Am I allowed to fish Monocacy Creek before opening day?

H

HoboWithAFlyRod

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this question. I’m new and I really don’t grasp all the regulations. I’m going to be in Bethlehem for Easter and there will be a few hours while cooking is going on that my father in law and I could get out fishing on Monocacy. I was under the impression it’s class A wild trout water, and therefore not stocked, and therefrom ok to fish before opening day. But apparently it is stocked according to the pfbc website. Does that mean it can’t be fished at all, or can we fish it in areas that aren’t defined in the pfcb stocking schedule?

It’s one of those that is both Class A and stocked. I believe that you can fish above schoenersville rd only. Don’t quote me on that. Someone more knowledgeable may be able to respond.

It’s one of those that is both Class A and stocked. I believe that you can fish above schoenersville rd only. Don’t quote me on that. Someone more knowledgeable may be able to respond.

I see it’s stocked in several spots all the way up to bath. I would just avoid that stream altogether. You could try saucon creek in the special regulations area. It’s not stocked, class A but you can’t venture outside that area because the rest of the stream is stocked .

Monocacy has a special reg area as well. It could be fished in that stretch. See p. 26 then p 24 of the reg book.

Last edited:
Yes…in this area.

Back