Alternative sling bag for $25 on Ebay

Millsertime

Millsertime

If anybody is looking for an alternative sling bag that is similar to some high dollar fly fishing brand bags, Ebay is offering the below bag through the company called Altatac. They even offer the Orvis digital camo color style. $25 versus $75 +. I took the gamble and ordered one tonight.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Every-Day-Carry-Sport-Messenger-Bag-Side-Sling-Bag-All-Colors-/271063488024

Let us know how it works out for you...looks interesting. I bought a swiss army sling pack that wasn't made for fishing a while back. I thought it would work but it just seemed to want to fall off and slide around every time I bent over...wasn't very maneuverable. It's now our diaper bag for the 2 year old!! This one you posted looks better.

Got the bag and transferred everything from my older sling bag. There is a large amount of space and multiple small and larger zippered pockets. Construction seems to be pretty tough. Some of the bag features seem as if it's made for fisherman. We'll see how long it lasts but I'd guess it will last just as long or longer than my previous sling bag that costs triple that amount and lasted less than 3 years.

mine came in yesturday, very nicely made well worth the $$$. Might have to buy another one yet.

Agree. Well worth the $$. And to make things better, they dropped it another 3 bucks as it's only $22 now still with free shipping.

Bought a second one.......Man I am a gear junkie....

Being a "gear junkie" is a very bad thing. I was just talking with Tim Robinson the other day about it... It's like OCD in a way!

The wall of Shame !

Attachments

• DSCF6889.JPG
    DSCF6889.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 2
I wore holes in my first vest and now plan to wear holes in the replacement vest-pack.

Purchased one of these after reading this thread back when Millerstime placed the4 original post. I wanted something for warm weather fishing rather than wearing my usual vest.

This sling bag has worked well for me. Plenty of room for all the gear I want to carry (Which is too much!) and comfortable to have on all day.

Plus if you get in the camo, no one can see it and make man-bag jokes. :)

Seriously, if you want to try out a sling bag, this one is well made and the price is pretty darn good.

Thinking about getting one of these. My current sling (a $20 Eddie Bauer closeout) is on its way out after about 2 years of use. I'm interested in what the interior layout is since there's just the one exterior picture in the Ebay ad. Any chance any of you guys that bought one could post a few pics of the interior and how you have yours set up?

A milsurp bread or gas mask bag does wonders. I spent $12 on the ubiqitious finn model.

The waist strap works for a shoulder strap, and the leg strap works for your waist, or double them up and use it like a waist bag. Optionally you can use both straps on opposite shoulders, but that seems to be alot of work.

For an extra $20 you can get a gasmask inside to turn into a device you can use for all sorts of stupid purposes unfitting for a family friendly board.

Swattie

They aren't the best but here are some pics of the bag I purchased.

The water bottle is standard size, but the pouch will handle larger ones.

The boxes in the large compartment shown are 2 large size (4 x 8) and one smaller one. As you can see there is still more room for stuff.

The zipper just above the fly patch is for a pocket that holds 3 spools of tippet and a package of shot. The rounded pocket above that holds a bottle of Gink and a large pill bottle of flies.

(Did I mention in earlier post that I carry way too much stuff?)

There are also good attachment points on the strap and shoulder pad. I have attached a net keeper to the shoulder pad and have had no issues.

HTH

Dave

Attachments

• 103_0411.JPG
    103_0411.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 103_0413.JPG
    103_0413.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 103_0414.JPG
    103_0414.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 103_0415.JPG
    103_0415.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 2
Thanks Dave, that's exactly what I needed. I didn't realize there was no zipper on the main pouch...probably a deal breaker for me. Glad you posted before I bought though! Thanks again.

No zipper on main pouch, but flap locks down pretty well. I have not had trouble with things coming out (yet)

you don't need a zipper the large area has a built in cover with a draw sting that will hold everything in place. will help keep water out also. this bag is versable like you would not believe, great for gear junkies, I use one for hunting as well.

Back