Allen or Redington

Our Product cycle is standard in the industry as it is with many industries. Our Trout I was around for 3.5 years before we released the Trout II. Also, the Alpha II was active for 2.5 years. Prior to that the first Alpha reels were active for 2 years. We also carry spare parts for all those products as well.

Over a certain time period with any business/product you go though a cycle stage of changes. Best example would be the automotive industry or Apple with the iPhone. With being in Plastic Injection Molding and molding components for the Big 3. We had change overs often. I can assure you that changing to a new model does not reflect us from standing behind our product.

wsender, We use Koyo bearings and if there was a defect. I would have been happy to overnight you a new bearing. We changed to koyo's 2 years ago. If the reel is prior to that. Please send me an email at info@allenflyfishing.com and I'll make sure it gets taken care of at our cost.

We know the guys from RIO who also is under the same umbrella as Redington and Sage. We just came back from a trade show and hung out with those guys for a few nights. RIO also makes our new lines for us.

Thank you,

Justin

Like I said before Allen stands by their products.

allenflyfishing wrote:
RIO also makes our new lines for us.
Thank you,
Justin

Does that mean Redington makes your rods and reels, too?

Of course not. We have developed good relationships with our suppliers from around the world. We have also been adding products to our line up that are being manufactured here. Next week we are releasing our new ICON rod that some of you casted during Somerset. We also are prototyping a reel that will be made in my home state of Michigan.

Thanks

Justin

Big fan of Allen. I would not hesitate to buy from them. I have talked to Justin a few times and have always been taken care of whenever I needed anything.

I have two Allen rods and LOVE them. Would love a reel from them too.....looks like I know what I am gonna get with my Bday money

Back