Allen Fly Fishing - Fly Lines

Just keep doing it the way you want Jared and we'll let time be the judge.

i know it's kind of unfair to be critical of a flyline that costs next to nothing but i thought i should share my experience. i bought 5 lines to start out. at the price, it was too good to be true and i needed some line so i jumped right in.

i picked up a new rod (Scott A2 9' 4wt) and a new reel (Orvis Battenkill LAII) and desperately wanted to try them out. i lined it up with the Allen 4wt line in orange. i find it almost uncastable. as soon as it gets wet, it gets tacky and just won't go thru my hands or the guides smoothly. i've never had this experience with other lines, even a line i used for a year without a cleaning!

i've yet to try another of the lines for more than a couple casts so i'll report back once i've been on the water with one. i did take out the 6wt. Intermediate but only fished it for a few casts. i wasn't really in the mood to fish subsurface.

i'm planning to take the 4wt line off my reel tonight and replace it with another line. if anyone wants to offer a second opinion, i'd be glad to pass it along. i wouldn't use it again or recommend it though, even at such a low price. not sure what i'm going to do with all the rest of it.

Hello,

thanks for the feedback. You must have my DT line. I don't have orange in 4wt wff. You could just msg me and i'd refund you on the DT line. No need to pay for something you don't want to use.

The DT lines are new, but for the most part they been doing well. No worries, everyone likes different things.

Thanks for the feedback. - and + is always good to use for the future.

Thanks

Justin

I have a mulit color WF 3 weight line and have had no trouble with it at all. I've been using it all summer on anything from a 6' 2wt to an 8.5' 3wt. I fish over 200 days a year and they seem to keep up fine for me. I would def. recommend the line.

Note- I clean and coat my lines at least twice a month, but even without doing so the line was fine. I also have a 4wt sinking line that I will be trying out very soon.

I used the 9 WT 'wind-cutter' bi-color line described above for the first time this weekend on my Allen Switch rod. I only played with it for about an hour on a local lake but I did not experience the stickiness described above. It cast well both traditionally, spey and roll - casting FWIW.

Hey guys, how are allen's 9wt wff and 9wt sink tip, have anyone here really had a chance to use them? I just purchase these, I'll let you guys know how they cast, once I get them. planning to use them up in salmon river for steelheads and kings..please let me know if others have used them. thanx..

Back