Allen Fly Fishing - Fly Lines

A

allenflyfishing

Hello,

There has been some growing interest on my lines so I wanted to have its own thread. So I can post my stock and upcoming lines that I will be having. To view the photos (colors) and specs of the lines. Please visit my Fly Line page on my website

5/12/2010
Current Stock - All lines are $9.50 on the board. All lines also have a welded loop.

WFF - WHITE #3, #4, #5, #6, # 8
WFF - GREEN #3, #4, #5, #6, #8
WFF - YELLOW #3, #4, #5, #6, #8

WFS - BROWN #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8

WFI - DARK GREEN #3, #4, #5, #6, #8

If interested, please PM me.

The purpose of the $9.50 is to get my general purpose WF and DT lines on the market and to get my name out there to those that are in the market for a line. I don't want to confuse these lines as something that is "Cheap". On my website they are listed at $14.50 and that is still to low. I raised my pricing from $9.50 to $14.50 on my site and started selling more. I will soon be placing the lines in the mid or high $20's soon. I'm not worried to much about the short term length of my business. I care more about what's happening 1, 2, or 5 years from now. My lines have been discussed on njflyfishing.com and FAOL and have received a very positive response.

Thanks

Justin

Justin,

Any plans to get a 9wt any time soon?

Yes, I will have 9wts soon and I will have a 9wt sink tip soon.

Great. Keep me posted.

Update on Lines!

Now Available... $18 each

Sink Tip Lines #5, #6, #8, and #9wts

Thanks

Justin

Just curious do you plan on adding some more natural colored lines to your selection. Hook and Hackle offers a great olive colored line that a few of us here like.

I believe it is a Cortland 444 knockoff. At there price point of $35 you can't beat it! No welded loop though.

Just food for thought. Thanks for joining us here we appreciate everything!

I agree. I spook way to many fish before my line hits the water. I would suspect this would help, even if only a little.
I HATE when I have a nice fish targetted and my line spooks a little feller I didnt see on the cast and he runs up and spooks the big feller as hes approaching my offering.
This may not be the case on the Breeches, but it sure is on Fishing creek where the premiere brownies in the state are to me.

half a dozen 1 half dozen another , i prefer hi viz. line for spinner fall and dry fly fishing right before dark , gives u a good judge as to where your fly is , as for spooking fish , go back and get em another day or work the stream so you aren't lining fish before your get to your target fish or wherever u want to go .

i dont have Olive color lines yet, but I will be carrying my Brown color line in WFF soon.

Thanks

Justin "Allen"

I just wanted say that I am also a person who likes natual colored lines as well. I did get two of the green line from Justin and they are not bright flashly green and cast great. If the brown lines cast as well as the green lines do they are great line for the money. I have bought a few of Allen and Company products and all have been very good. Keep out the great work.

Justin P

which color cast the farthest ... and cost the least?

are there any for $5.99?

Get off this forum with your useless posts.

Hi Everyone, I have a new color for my WFF lines. This is a 2 colored line. The fist 15' (Taper section) is another color than the running line. They are $12.50 each. If interested, please send me a PM

Thanks

Justin "Allen"

Attachments

• 2colorline.jpg
    2colorline.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 2
Is it a shooting head ?

No, this line is just WFF line. Shooting heads are coming soon

Thanks

Justin

can you tell me anything about these lines? other than the color combos and they are cheap....

taper designs? or are the copies of other companies?
coatings?
warranty?

are they absurdly cheap since there is no packaging and marketing or due to low performance?

These lines are not "absurdly cheap" and the performance is left up to the customer.

The tapers are designed after the Rio Lines. The coating is PVC. You can find the specs of the line on my website at

http://www.allenflyfishing.com/flyline.html

No disrespect intended but they are absurdly...I won't call them cheap...how about absurdly inexpensive. Even at twice 9.50 they are still inexpensive. I am hoping someone gives us a review on one soon. I am just happy to see company not gouge us for a change. Maybe people should stop complaining. Just sayin...

I understand 100% what you mean, but I am more interested in long term growth, not fast term growth.

My goal is to just get my lines out on the market. Thats my main goal.

Thank you,

Justin "Allen"

Back