Alleghany River

PatriotFly26

PatriotFly26

I saw someone talking about the Alleghany River. If anyone has great knowledge on the River near Foxburg I would love to hear any information I could. Its tougher than hell finding out anything from anywhere up here in Upstate New York.

Anybody out there just let me know if you know anything about the river, like whats in it at that section.

Thank You,
Hugh

That is right were the clarion river dumps into the allegheny river. There are several small islands in that area...the best is prob the small mouth, but there are walleye and some muskie and Ive been told there are some big brownies pulled up. About 2 miles down river there is the town of parker. There is a conoe rental if your interesed in floating down. Ive had a lot of fun fishing that section.

patriotfly,
my family has a river house about 8 miles above foxburg, like tstooge said theres lots of smallies in that section, but also a good number of pike,muskie, and walleyes between our place and foxburg. we dont get down to foxburg very often because theres a few spots that are tricky to run even in a jet boat unless the water high.

you could rent canoes from the place in parker and drift from the town of kennerdell back to the canoe place.
about 20 miles. i had a blast doing that when i was younger.

hope this helps,
Evan

Well. The trip was great, the area was beautiful. We ended up just catching a ton of smallies. Thanks for the help guys. It was a great time all around.

Back