Albright Trinity Waders

V

VTPAangler

Just bought a pair of Albright Trinity Breathable chest waders (stockingfoot) on their website for $40 (clearance). Supposedly retailed for $220. I figured I'd take a chance at that price.

Anyone have any experience with these? If nothing else would make a good backup pair.

On edit Albright is having a huge closeout with some huge deals on rods and reels.

Can't see how you can go wrong there at that price. When you get them fill them full of water and see if they leak.

All the rods are like an 11 weight or heavier. Was hoping to find a good deal on a 4wt.

Don't put much stock in the supposed retail price. As far as I know, that's just what they claim they would retail them at, not actual retail. It's a made up price, and they definitely grossly inflate it. YMMV

A buddy got a pair and the first time out ended up with soggy pants and socks. They leaked horribly.

jayL wrote:
Don't put much stock in the supposed retail price. As far as I know, that's just what they claim they would retail them at, not actual retail. It's a made up price, and they definitely grossly inflate it. YMMV

I was actually surprised a few weeks ago. I was going to give them another try and pick up a 9' 5WT and they were charging full price. First time I have ever seen it. Not bad rods for the dough, but their full price is outrageous for what they offer.

Boyer

I bought a pair of these last year along with a pair of wading shoes. They worked perfectly for me - no issues at all. Maybe the new shoes helped a bit also.

Back