Alaska Fly Fishing - Silt Line Style

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been looking more into a trip to Alaska at some time and enjoyed this video provided Chris Maher from the Talachulitna River. The fishing looked pretty good with plenty of reported leopard rainbows, along with sockeye, king's, dolly's, & greyling.

gulfgreyhound
When the pilot ask you to watch for logs in the river it gets a little exciting. Thats a great fishing area with a lot of creeks and rivers and only float plane access.

Last edited:
gulfgreyhound
When the pilot ask you to watch for logs in the river it gets a little exciting. Thats a great fishing area with a lot of creeks and rivers and only float plane access.

Last edited:
gulfgreyhound

Last edited:
wbranch
Looks like a wonderful trip - what time of year did you go? How long did you stay, how much did it cost, and how was the lodging and meals?

Last edited:
wbranch
Looks like a wonderful trip - what time of year did you go? How long did you stay, how much did it cost, and how was the lodging and meals?

Last edited:
wbranch

Last edited:
DaveKile
wbranch,

A bucket list trip and still doing the research. Have you been up there?

Last edited:
DaveKile
wbranch,

Last edited:
DaveKile
wbranch,

Last edited:
wbranch
See your PM's.

Shoot me me email address and I'll send you a link to view my Photobucket albums.

You ever fish the Erie tribs? I've only been fishing them for three years, this will be my fourth. I've done pretty good and have never gone when I didn't hook up decent numbers. I only fish Elk and Twenty Mile. Once in awhile I'll drive over to Walnut and if it isn't crowded I fish the Project Waters because there are just so many fish it is hard to not give it a try.

Matt

Last edited:
wbranch
See your PM's.

Shoot me me email address and I'll send you a link to view my Photobucket albums.

You ever fish the Erie tribs? I've only been fishing them for three years, this will be my fourth. I've done pretty good and have never gone when I didn't hook up decent numbers. I only fish Elk and Twenty Mile. Once in awhile I'll drive over to Walnut and if it isn't crowded I fish the Project Waters because there are just so many fish it is hard to not give it a try.

Matt

Last edited:
wbranch
See your PM's.

Matt

Last edited:
Maurice
I have two pairs of chest waders that I wear as waist highs. I don't even know where the suspenders are anymore.

I wear a waist pack now and if I am so deep that it will get wet I take it off and untuck a little and sling it over my shoulder, then when I get across the crik I put the pack back on.

Last edited:
lv2nymph
Chest waders in the winter, which I fish all the way through. And pant height spring through late fall...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back