"Affordable" 50$ & under sunglasses

PhlyPhishMan

PhlyPhishMan

My last post I must have forgot to put affordable wide sunglasses. Is it possible to find a pair of sunglasses that will fit my melon? I try on most glasses at the store and find that they are just a tad to small for me. I need something that I can see in the water and that is wide and a place to locate them. PLEASE HELP!

Wiley X sunglasses has some models that may be in your price range. I have no clue tho have where they may be sold so you could try them on. My personal opinion is that you are going to have a hard time finding a quality pair of polarized glasses for under $50. Good luck on your search.

mrfc has Guideline Elite “Rio” Glass Polarized Sunglasses-Gray Lenses for $49.95, originally priced $119

Also keep your eye on steepandcheap.com , they put Costa's up regularly for less than $100

Under $50.00 polarized and custom size? Thats a tall order.

Check out www.maxxsunglasses.com

I have done some product testing for them. They have polarized glasses that are in your price range. I was skeptical of how good the glasses/lenses could be for the price, but I was pleasantly surprised. I normally wear Oakley polarized glasses, so I was extremely critical, but I would definitely recommend giving them a shot. I tried a few different pairs from them, and they were all light and very comfortable.

Similar thread here:

http://www.paflyfish.com/forums/open-forums/gear-talk/sun-glasses/3,29587.html

Having said that, Orvis has a pair of decent amber lens glasses for $50. They come in a Brook Trout Print soft cloth bag. Use a $25 off $50 coupon and tgey can be had for $25. The lense seems more prone to scratch or maybe its just me. They definately fit fat faces.

yea mrfc has the guideline serious. I have a pair and they're pretty darn nice. Dont have a fat face though so not sure if they would fit.

I paid $25 for my "over glasses" polarizers and love them, they were at wally world. I really hate giving them money, but that was the only thing I could find with out them being clip ons. I think they are cocoons or some thing like that. But for $25 I couldnt be happier with them.

I have a pair of polarized sunglasses from "The Flying Fisherman" that are decent. I paid about $15 for them, so they're really nothing special. I don't like to pay much for sunglasses because I always end up sitting on them and ruining them!

Anyway, this company has plenty of different models on Amazon, so I'm sure you could find some to fit your face. Only problem is that there's no way to try them on before you buy them. You'd just have to read the reviews and see how people said they fit.

I really like that most of the styles from The Flying Fisherman come in gray or amber lenses, so you can get what you prefer. Some of them actually come in a lighter yellow that's good for low light.

The spring temples on the model I have would probably make them fit you comfortably. I have this model: http://amzn.to/WT445I

I got a pair of amber wraparound F&S sunglasses from ****'s for 20$.

Back