Advice

J

jameshebbert

I've got a couple hours to fish with my Dad tomorrow, it's been about 3 years since he's been fly fishing, and I really want him to have a good time. The thing is we don't want to spend too much of our time driving. We live between Reading and Harrisburg and we're looking for something no more than an hour away. Right now I'm considering the Tully, Little schuylkill, LL, or Wyommising creek. Open to all suggestions. Thanks.

For the easiest casting and getting around, LL would be my pick. Tully would be my second choice but it can be hit or miss. There's also the Quittie, Manatawny, Clark's and several others. Good luck, stay cool and get your pop out there again.

Tully would be a great option. Sulphurs and caddis all over the place with tons of rising fish. For what it's worth, all the places you are considering will likely be getting hammered. I would suggest not going out until 4 or 5 and enjoy 3 or 4 hours of awesome instead of sitting out in the sun roasting with the hordes all day.

Have fun.

I reaad that it's off color and gauge shows 70 degrees.

No? If not, I might ha e to get over there.

krayfish wrote:
I reaad that it's off color and gauge shows 70 degrees.

No? If not, I might ha e to get over there.

Gauge is off by about 4 degrees since the satellite change over for some reason. It's fishing really well right now with no thermal issues.

Thanks for the suggestions. We've settled on LL. It'll be new water for both of us. Though I'm glad to hear that Tully isn't as warm as I'd heard.

Back