Adhesive Lead Wrapping

T

tracker12

There is a fly tyer on youtube that uses flat lead wrap that has adhesive on the back. Looks like it comes in a sheet and he cuts it in strips. Anyone have info on it and where it can be purchased.

Ask and 'ye shall receive!

http://www.jsflyfishing.com/cgi-bin/item/TW-000650-0000/search/Rumpf-Lead-Adhesive-Zonker-Tape.html

Never used it but it looks like cool stuff. Lead works well enough that I need naught seek alternative at this time.

Thanks for the info. Actually found it on the golfsmith website.

I have just started to get onto the Czech Nymph band wagon with my winter tying and got ahold of some of the lead tape and I must say, it is nice stuff if you want a weighted fly while maintaining a slim profile. It is also very easy to build tapered bodies by tapering and overlapping the wraps. I took the 1 inch wide strip and placed it on a work surface, using a speed square and a single edge razor, I was able to cut some very thin and true strips that are easy to apply to hook. I like it alot!

Jeff

If you have trouble finding the tape you can always use the twist-ons (like mentioned in the lead ban thread).

I have also found thick lead strips at pet stores because they hold aquatic plants down.

Back