A SEPA bruiser today

Sweet looking fish! Sure looks wild to me.

vcregular wrote:
I don;t want to be that guy. But that really does look like a stocked fish - for VC.
I've not seen a stocked trout with a spot pattern like that. Granted, it doesn't have that classic Valley Creek look to it, but I believe that's because of it's size. jmo

Great Fish!!!! Thanks for posting :)

vcregular wrote:
I don;t want to be that guy.

I don't want to be that guy either, but should we really be fishing for the fragile Trouts during this heat?

Just messin'. But since I first saw this thread I was waiting for someone to say stocked, and that we should watch the water temps...can't have a nice Summer caught fish without those posts.

Nice fish, wild IMO too, FWIW.

Swattie87 wrote:
vcregular wrote:
I don;t want to be that guy.

I don't want to be that guy either, but should we really be fishing for the fragile Trouts during this heat?

Just messin'. But since I first saw this thread I was waiting for someone to say stocked, and that we should watch the water temps...can't have a nice Summer caught fish without those posts.

Nice fish, wild IMO too, FWIW.

Thanks, Swattie! As a preemptive measure I should have mentioned that the water temp was 60 and I was done by 10 AM...

Haha...Funny you have to feel the need to do that, but true.

Going forward all posts should include the following preface:

I was fishing an unnamed tributary of an unstocked stream at least 50 miles from any potential stocking source.

I was using 3x tippet and don't carry anything less than 6X.

The barbs were mashed on my flies.

The water temperature was under 70 degrees.

I was on public land.

To the best of my knowledge no one saw me.

Any fish I caught never left the water for any reason.

Gemmies were treated with a reverence that can only be reserved for such a true treasure of nature.

All brown trout caught had a blue eye spot and red spot on their adipose fin.

I only fish with traditional catskill style dry flies in size 12 or 14.

^That was spit your drink on your computer funny.

McSneek wrote:
Going forward all posts should include the following preface:

I was fishing an unnamed tributary of an unstocked stream at least 50 miles from any potential stocking source.

I was using 3x tippet and don't carry anything less than 6X.

The barbs were mashed on my flies.

The water temperature was under 70 degrees.

I was on public land.

To the best of my knowledge no one saw me.

Any fish I caught never left the water for any reason.

Gemmies were treated with a reverence that can only be reserved for such a true treasure of nature.

All brown trout caught had a blue eye spot and red spot on their adipose fin.

I only fish with traditional catskill style dry flies in size 12 or 14.

Thanks for the laugh! I would add that my hands are visibly very wet in the picture and my handling seems passable at least :lol:

Nice fish! Great markings on that one.

Nice wild brown. If I ever see a photo of a hatchery brown with spots like that, at a hatchery, then I will believe they exist. If it turns out they do, then I want to know why the north central region has been cheated and given the mutant strains for as long as I have been fishing.

wild, again great fish

lovely fish.

Thanks, guys! That kind of fish on Valley makes you feel like you "won" fishing, at least for a week :-D

Haha, "at least for a week"

Back