A SEPA bruiser today

Nymph-wristed

Nymph-wristed

One of those Valley Creek ghosts... Took a caddis larvae on the bottom in the stained water today. Under-gunned to say the least :oops: On 6x with my 6'6" 3wt...

tUbbk_Qfu3GJ9yRmGzSvu8OxXyZw8di61XSfql8ROBgQA9b2RgWqNVRIU_E6zsHWQEsWpNvJqTHZQVNSfrS8PCX3j2QEn309Yz97884uOZ3i3gzEnbwRCl7jJoeRyc_TIpKqBiYALs3TANf7XLWbElhgTEmzk_ruCGmJAFQy2dD-RP3ryyLekvhq-iPDc63VnI9kZVBh-pv92Na8aRkCxdnP9FxTno_va9cJ4x6UHQIeOT_cPDiTl4noQIk6JCrChDGLG_QBWT4WGKo0dxn1-hQBRNwA3SzDyrxblepyemEAkvYuavQBV4qqD7vekGaOjOYEu8SN76-WHFxF7wpPq9W0Hvwo5SBQkoRYs0QcGc-CwGOg_a2oURilSwQ4ikL1kpl-T-VyTUZYVIYWB7dngRTcKBsUB83dXi5Oj6vO55wCZwc8MNrzryeYPvakN0kNJ4Bh_9RPpkp0Ods6VwrkXwWfhOLCsUuoyRgeHEcPkNBRTEIS90k5ifVSWfwPkAsKgTH5bv1BuQGBoqEIfWLJUSViJWPDZsnuih6t0PC5ixQoNZmq9PMZp-UwaqgO5rA6ZreimIGCq0uwluWiIKdqydBaT4gs4EY=w1115-h950-no

I cant see the picture?

Can't see it, and I really want to!

Sorry! Here is another format.

20160629_110351.jpg

Attachments

• 20160629_110351 (1) (800x681) (640x545).jpg
    20160629_110351 (1) (800x681) (640x545).jpg
    246.5 KB · Views: 3
Awesome Valley Creek brown! Congrats to you. That's one of the biggest browns I've ever seen caught on Valley. Did you get a measurement? Again, congrats!

wildtrout2 wrote:
Awesome Valley Creek brown! Congrats to you. That's one of the biggest browns I've ever seen caught on Valley. Did you get a measurement? Again, congrats!

Just the measure the mark on the rod trick :-D Between 19 and 20. Thank you!

Very nice fish. Thanks for sharing.

That's just a great fish on any stream. Congratulations.

gencon

That's just a great fish on any stream. Congratulations.

gencon

Holy cow. All I've ever seen are pics of 6" fish out of that stream. That's quite a catch. Neat spot pattern too.

That's an awesome fish!!

Thanks, guys :cool: I have caught of couple 14-15 inchers on Valley creek throwing meat, but nothing this big before. Swam off strongly too. Glad I had a net because the little stick I was throwing for those 8-10 inchers was not much help!

I don;t want to be that guy. But that really does look like a stocked fish - for VC. They do move into that stream - - if it was caught below the falls. Just my 2 cents. If it was caught above? Then it is an off looking VC fish. Nice catch regardless

Yo Ny

Nice one! Actually Valley has a significant pop of 20-26" trouts: they are spread out, though in some sections there would be one every several hundred yards. They are nocturnal, or at best, crepuscular. Muddy water does bring them out of hiding during the day.

vcregular wrote:
I don;t want to be that guy. But that really does look like a stocked fish - for VC. They do move into that stream - - if it was caught below the falls. Just my 2 cents. If it was caught above? Then it is an off looking VC fish. Nice catch regardless

A good 9 to 12 miles west of the Skuke.... Just old, I think. I have caught others with this type of markings, also much bigger than the average VC brownie, also after a rain.

lestrout wrote:
Yo Ny

Nice one! Actually Valley has a significant pop of 20-26" trouts: they are spread out, though in some sections there would be one every several hundred yards. They are nocturnal, or at best, crepuscular. Muddy water does bring them out of hiding during the day.

Thanks, les! I have seen them, running for cover because I breathed too loud...

Back