A pretty one from the Lack yesterday

Nymph-wristed

Nymph-wristed

I taped this one at 19. It was my second fish of the day, and it went downhill from there. A lot of olives and caddis active but the water was still stained and up enough to keep the surface activity to a minimum, at least where I was. I have had a few charmed trips to the river, but this is the first time that I couldn't keep the little fish off my nymphs. I hit all the elementary school year classes, from 8 inches to 11 inches. The bigger fish and two I dropped that were closer to 14 or 15 inches took a caddis pupa or larva, while the little guys were all over anything size 18, the size of the olives coming off in droves... I guess that's how the bottom pic becomes the top pic...

20180508_075001.jpg

20180508_113617.jpg

Is this from the same stream as the big fish you previously posted about?

wildtrout2 wrote:
That's a real nice brown. There's some big ones in there!

Thank you, and yes there are! I am looking for the one, one of these days!

TYoung wrote:
Is this from the same stream as the big fish you previously posted about?

No, this was the Lackawanna River, where I am not sure a 24 is a unicorn, maybe just a really hot natural redhead. The previous one was from a much smaller limestoner half the distance from home.

That's a nice fish! Cool landing net too.

Nice fish.

GenCon

Missed this yesterday. Thanks, guys. jeremy, that is a cheap Cortland net, 30 bucks, I bet. It is old(er) so maybe the basket is softer than the ones being sold now under all different brands (but the same net). Only problem, as I noted earlier this year, it's not deep enough for anything over 20 inches...

Back