A few recent ties

odizz17

odizz17

Got a shipment of hooks from Allen, and introduced them to the Peak Rotary. I really like these hooks. After reading a previous post about how light the wire was, I gotta say I'm impressed with the quality of these hooks. Especially, the jig hooks and caddis pupa hooks. The dry fly hooks have an awesome gap as well. C'mon Spring!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 3
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 2
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 4
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 4
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 5
Nice flies , they look buggy.

Lol, I just followed you on Instagram, your onthefly717?

Very nice ties. Especially no 2. Like them soft hackles.

GenCon

OH - If only I could tie like that! Everything I tie looks like I never took lessons - come to think of it, "I haven't"

Really nice. I'm curious about the body color on parachute #2. Looks like a quill body. Appears to be a deep blue/indigo. What are you trying to represent there? I don't think I've ever seen that color on a mayfly imitation.

Nicely done. Love those Allen 102BL hooks.

Thanks for the positive feedback guys! McSneek, it's a purple biot for the body on that one. Just an attractor more or less. Guess it could pass as a Purple Haze variant?

Starvin Marv - Yea that's me dude. 'Ppreciate the follow!!!

Nice work! Is that a dubbed body on the caddis (next to last pic)? At first I thought it was a CDC and elk, but it looks a lot like a favorite of mine called the mouse caddis.
Mike.

McSneek wrote:
Really nice. I'm curious about the body color on parachute #2. Looks like a quill body. Appears to be a deep blue/indigo. What are you trying to represent there? I don't think I've ever seen that color on a mayfly imitation.

Purple Haze!

Very nice flies. I also like the Allen Hooks. I will be ordering there often.

Nice flies.

FT - Yes, it's olive possum very sparsely dubbed... I put a tan cdc shuck and underwing, and used caribou instead of elk hair. I really prefer the caribou over elk. Much softer, and might take some getting used to, but it floats well and the fish dig it. For the head I used olive rabbit, mixed with a little lt Olive UV dub. This is my go to dry for the most part. Unless I'm throwin beetles haha

Back