A beautiful thing in 2 ways.

mike_richardson

mike_richardson

This guy wasnt caught by me or on a fly rod but i think you guys will like the story that gos with him.

My fiance is a TSS wich is a person who helps autistic kids and kids with other disabilities with various things from schooling to interacting with the community. I am not alloud to know his name or things like that but she asked me what she could do in the summer. Naturally i told her to take him fishing.

One evening she called his parents to see if it was ok to take him fishing. I knew exactly what I could do to ensure a great time. I set her up with 60 wax worms and some small bobbers and hooks and sent her to wilmore dam. She had been fishing with him for bluegills and noticed he couldnt catch any because he wouldnt set the hook. She told him and gave him a demonstration on the right way to do it. Finally after a lot of trial and error he caught one.

After catching a few more and him making sure she was sending pictures of each to his father he hooked this monster "Bull". She told me the look on his face was priceless when he finally got it to the bank. She took the pictures and sent them to his dad. The kid could barely keep his pants on until his dad texted back a congratulations on this tank of a blue gill. She made him release him and they had to leave shortly after. She tells me it was bigger than the on i had mounted myself and it was 11". I definetly believe her just on the width of this beauty of a bluegill.

Stories like these to me are truly beautiful. Just examples of how the outdoors and fishing can really revitalize the mind and soul. The first and obvious way is that a kid got enjoyment out of fishing. He loves to fish and be outside. Now he can appriciate the outdoors a little more now with catching a true trophy of the Blue Gill species. I only wish i could make an influence on him but PA rules prohibit me from any contact with him or his family.

The second beautiful thing is that my fiance took the kid fishing. I am happy that i have given her enough joy out of fishing and teaching her; that she wants to share her knowledge and experiences with another person. Especially someone who may not have it as easy as we all do.

Attachments

• bluegill.jpg
    bluegill.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 12
Great story Mike thxs for sharing . I can just imagine that kid is probably floating on air right now

In a word... awesome. That's what it's about.

Back