503 error when trying to access inbox

All of mine were deleted, but no big deal. Kray you should put old rubber lips onto SBeckers cat avatar, that would be an awesome avatar.
DKile since you deleted my PMs I will still bring some SCRAPPLE to the JAM for you

Does this mean that we can't send and receive PM's right now?

There are other forum software options available. The Stream Locations forum disappeared due to a corrupt database (buggy software?). All PMs disappeared because of a corrupt database/buggy software. Might be time to consider migrating to different software.

There is at least one sys admin on here who has offered their technical expertise as well.

There was a major issue with the PM system. Many of the PM's for everyone were lost. Sorry about this. It is a very flakey part of the system. Notice.

Bummer…Life moves forward.

I'm getting to old to remember what I had in those PMs anyway…so I will not miss them. I will explore the email options and send important info to my own email for back up.

its a bummer but no biggie, i know who PM'd me...

I dunno, I say "good riddance!" I wish my e-mail account would blow up too!.... :lol:

englishprof wrote:
Same here. As I told Dave, a little notice would have been nice. You're right, Jack. I should have saved them somewhere else. But I didn't. Now I'll never find those smaller streams in Montana this July. Big bummer!!!!!

Thankfully, I copied yours and FoxGap's contact info to my phone or that could've sucked. I lost a bunch of messages in the wake of this one, but I understand that technology ain't perfect. This board has been good to me in too many other ways to sweat it, but I learned my lesson and will start copying stuff to other places from here on out.

It really is a big time bummer if saved PMs are gone for good. I had numerous detailed access routes for good wild streams, and some good stories to go along. I put waaay too much faith in modern tech. Yea, that sucks!

It appears that many can still send / receive PM. I still have fatal 503 error. If I open new account as "krayfish2", will this allow me to be able to PM again? Just a thought.

Andy, that would probably be a valid work-around. Still, maybe Dave can help your main account. I'm not sure he is especially aware of your issue. I will forward something to him and I'm sure he'll let you know the low-down.

krayfish wrote:
It appears that many can still send / receive PM. I still have fatal 503 error. If I open new account as "krayfish2", will this allow me to be able to PM again? Just a thought.

Yes go ahead and do it...we can leave the original dormant use the new one and PM from it. Otherwise people will PM to your current account.

You will lose your rank status tho...

Mo,
I've never hand much rank or status in life so no biggie.

I was able to establish a new account. Didn't want to but it made me use a different email. It appears to be working. Test PM to my old account.

Hey Kray,

Glad it works, and it's nice to see your old yearbook pic back as your avatar. Good stuff.

Test

Finally got around to creating my new account.......and it looks like I'm able to access my inbox!!!!!!!!!lol

I seem to have a PM issue as well. It appears that some of my sent messages are never making it to others...and probably some they are sending to me aren't making it either. Any way that can be fixed, or do I have to create a new account as well?

Jeff

I'm guessing your dents are fine. The receiver might have a fried inbox. Since I changed, pm works ok but some guys can reach me. It better than nothing.

krayfish2 wrote:
I'm guessing your dents are fine. The receiver might have a fried inbox. Since I changed, pm works ok but some guys can reach me. It better than nothing.

I've had people that I was in conversations with not reply to one of the messages...when we connected again we figured out that they had never received some of the messages I had sent them, but they had received others. Very odd.

My Inbox was totally lost in the PM collapse.

Jeff

Whoa..... I just logged into my original account and all of a sudden I can view my PMs now!!!!!

Back