40 degree weather this weekend and I'm feeling the itch!!

drumat26

drumat26

Pulled up the weather forecast today when I got to work, calling for 43 sat and 45 Sun!!!! I have been tying my but off and itching to try out the new 5wt the wife got me for Christmas. Hockey season is finally over, I don't have to ref this weekend and I'm pretty sure I'll be out fishing on Sunday!!! Probably going to the breeches because there is still a lot of ice on clarks and stony. Glad to hopefully get out and hoping for at least one tight line!!! Good luck if anyone else gets out!!!

Spring Break starts this Friday for me! I see that Saturday, Sunday, and Monday are all supposed to be around 40. I will probably get out two of those days and I wish you luck as well!!

Yep, I'm getting out for sure. No plans either day and my wife has to work so I'm home free..

Factor in snow melt. The lower end of rivers should be fairly cold and fish might be put down by it.

Factor in single digit overnight temps Thursday into Friday and a high in the 20s on Friday. Drove to Newark, DE and back yesterday afternoon and most of the streams I crossed were 75% - 90% frozen over. Not saying you can't find open water but don't assume because the temps get into the 40s this weekend that all of the sudden everything is accessible. Also expect crowds!

good points mcsneek - head for the tailwaters and or spring creeks.

This is true, although we are supposed to get > .5" rain on Weds along with a little warm up should melt some snow too and run off because of frozen ground may equal the amount necessary to blow out the ice on the streams. (hopefully)

But once the ice clears, look for the second or third day after the start of a warming trend to see the fish liven up.

Of course by the looks of things some folks here are having no trouble catching fish in this arctic tundra.

Back