38000 new acres of state forest in luzerne & lackawanna over 12 years

k-bob

k-bob

can find original sept '16 article w/ quote :

"The acreage of state forest land in Lackawanna and Luzerne counties increased from 8,000 acres to 46,000 acres during the past dozen years."

k-bob wrote:
can find original sept '16 article w/ quote :

"The acreage of state forest land in Lackawanna and Luzerne counties increased from 8,000 acres to 46,000 acres during the past dozen years."

Here is the article that contains the statement above (just Google it, to find anything on the Interweb)....

Good news, BTW. Some things actually do move in the right direction..

Some nice additions, 5 or 6 years ago I talked to a ranger near the 7 Tubs tracts, and he told me then that DCNR was actively adding to the SF. I'm glad it's expanding. There are some good streams in the Forest.

In addition to adding the land, which is awesome, the state had a program this Summer where HS kids were hired to go to state lands in Luzerne Co. for invasive species removal, trail building, fence building and wood structure painting. My 16 year old son was part of that crew. He worked his butt off (which I LOVED) and had a good experience.

I think there were 10 kids working full time with 2-3 supervisors doing whatever needed to be done to improve the user experiences. Seven Tubs and Moon Lake, acquired by the state from Luzerne Co. a few years ago, was one such area.

Great stuff! I hope the state keeps this trend going.

Back