3-4 Wt. Reel

Hey again thanks for all the info. You are helping!
Likely save me the hassel of ordering something online i might be less than satisfied with and that advice is gold to me.

FWIW - I measured the width of my 2-7/8 Perfect (2009 vintage) @ +/- 1-3/16"

I also measured my 2-7/8 Wide Spool Perfect (current model HRP220W) @ =/- 1-5/16"

A 1/8" difference...but no round line guard if that is super important. If not, also look at the 3" or 1-1/8" Bougle.

Happy Labor Day!

Bam there are three Hardy’s not often mentioned. LWT, Dutchess and Sunbeam. Curious as to weather you have any experience with them as well.

No experience with the Sunbeam other than playing around with a few. Aesthetically, they never appealed to me versus other Hardy offerings like the Perfect, St. George, Bougle & the reels in the Lightweight Series (Flyweight, Featherweight, LRH).

I have the Duchess & the Marquis LWT (if that's what you mean by LWT). Both series are beautiful and functional reels, Made in England and destined to be future classics.

Thanks for all of the input. I actually have a Hardy Marquis. 2 SA reels made by Hardy and a very nice Orvis. I decided on the Lamson Guru Series II Fly Reel. Type II Anodize, 1.5, 3/4/5 WT. I got it on closeout for just about $200 including shipping and NJ Sales Tax. If and when I fish it I will report back.

I love this site. All of the support and inflammation has been excellent.

salmo wrote:

I love this site. All of the support and inflammation has been excellent.

Did you do that on purpose?!! :)

There is a fair bit of inflammation on here!

Some good information, too.

Haha, I thought the same thing! Typo or Freudian slip?.

Hardy has introduced the Ultraclick UCL. Looks great and all sizes are $250.

It looks like they also brought back the regular narrow Perfect with an agate guide in 2-7/8 & 3-1/8 but OUCH, they are expensive!!

OOPS! I didn't notice the typo. I guess I fat fingered that one. I really do enjoy this site (snarky comments and all). I know that Dwight is detail oriented, so I'm not surprised that he caught my SNAFU. Tight lines all :lol:

Back