2wt and 3wt rods

I recently built a 6 6 2wt tiger eye rod for a family member. I was surprised at how good it felt when finished. It hasnt been used yet but I know that it will fish well in the mtn. streams of Co. I have been trying to call Dave @ sevier for more blanks but have not gotten to reach him or get a call back. I think I am going with a batson 2 wt for myself. They have also been well recieved.

Ok i own about ten 2 weight rods... And a great bargain 2 weight for dry flies on small streams is... The 6'9" tfo finese series one weight... Casts a like a longer rod, and casts very well with either a 2 or 3 wt line. 4 pc, light, about $180.

Greys has a 6ft 5wt. thqt would be cool and its only 100.

I only fish with a 3 weight. I enjoy the tfo professional, also thescott rods are amazing. I have an old g series, best rod I've ever casted period. Also have some glass I use. But I prefer slow action.

I just purchased an Orvis 8', 2wt Superfine Touch rod. Casts like a dream. I fish small flies and this full-flex rod really protects light tippets. I would highly recommedn this rod to anyone who fishes small flies and light tippet.

Dale

I have several ultra light rods that I like for small streams. A G. Loomis GL3 6'6" 3 weight, a St. Croix "Avid" 7'6" 2 weight and a Sage "TXL" 7' 4 weight. They are all great to fish with and really up the FUN factor IMO. Good luck in your search. WTT

Back