Any GravelBar, will do just fine. 365. Fresh&Salt
Pretty good indicator that 2024
is off to a good start.

Tell & Show me some stuff, guys !!

Attachments

• PXL_20240101_160557253.jpg
    PXL_20240101_160557253.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 272
i got a siberian meat clever. hand forged carbon steel which is pretty cool. i may just use this as my everyday chefs knife. heavy and solid. im pretty sure i can split firewood with this thing lol
KIMG1637

Dear Board,

What other way is there to ring in a New Year than pork and kraut? I'll add pierogies for me just before it is done.

Happy New Year!

Regards,

Tim Murphy :)

Pork and kraut by Tim Murphy, on Flickr

is off to a good start.

I’m a big fan of the shower beer myself. Good to see I’m not alone.

I’ve had a tradition of fishing New Year’s Day for a number of years, but we are hosting family today. Renewed my PA license, and renewed my DE surf tag today, but no actual fishing.

Got out on Saturday though and caught a few Brookies…
BA58C4A3 F654 4F7F 806E C55C45083E24
8036EB8E 967B 4D20 8E91 2D855400A2C6
E3F12F96 9D59 412F 9A3D 7FEA0E1022C5

Last edited:
It used to be ice fishing followed by pork and sauerkraut that had been in the crockpot all day. The meal remains the same today but the wild BT fishing and catching was in a small Lehigh Valley limestoner w/ spinners. Flow was up and water clear. Thanks to the high water events lately, the meadow grasses were knocked down and swept back to the water’s edge, making casting easier than usual and providing overhead cover. Catching was good and the trout were back to being spread out again, not just holed up as they were a few weeks ago.

Last edited:
Flat iron steaks w mushrooms , creamed spinach, baked potatoes, shrimp and cheddar bay biscuits.

is off to a good start.

I like it.
Shower & 3 beers while changing your fly line?
You got a new reel, a new shower and some beers for Christmas?
I don't get get the "angle" here.
For replies, so far we've had: New Year's Food, New Year's Fishing, Christmas Present, and Pierogies.
Thanks for making me think a while.

Pretty simple, fun angle .

On random, rare occasion, enjoying a beer in the shower is an accessory to a pretty good morning, day or night.

My first day on vacation.
Fridge stocked w Troegs.

I was enjoying my celebratory morning beer & shower...and decided to dress things up a bit , for creative effect, adding a couple more Troegs along with one of my favorite reels to share my enthusiasm for upcoming days.

My goofy, graphic .
Coincidentally, coming together
on New Years Day.

Figuring there were at least a couple others that have their own version & routines of
" this might b the start of a pretty good year"🍀

After spending 3 hours of taking down every last christmas decoration. I headed out to my local tailwater stream only to find it very low (the only red dot in the state on the USGS) I spent 3 hours in rain in the mid 30's and got skunked. Got home to pork and kraut and home made apple pie. A great day overall.

Visited friend after a long time and had some great food. got a beginner's fly tying kit as a gift.

Went out fishing today, waded in. it was cold (32 degrees), first time fishing with gloves on, caught 3 fish and all 3 escaped, as i couldn't get a tight line, it was frustrating. Once i got the hang of it, eventually landed few browns. 2024 begins.

Trt1

Trt2

Back