2016 Somerset FF Show - 29-31 Jan

Yeah i was hoping it was slower I'm not a Black Friday shopper. Pre purchased is the way to go.

I will be going on Saturday . Cant wait to get my fill of casting rods

For the first time in about ten years I will miss the Somerset show this year. My dad took a turn for the worst health wise and we had to admit him to the hospital this evening. He is 82, and as he says "I survived two hot wars(Korea and Vietnam) and one cold one". Poor fellow is really tired. Good lord willing I pray for his recovery. I do hope to make the show in Lancaster in March however.

Anybody going to somerset tomorrow?? Sunday?

Went to the show today. Wasn't really looking for deals but more to go there and check it out (this was my first time at this show)

Was pretty busy, and I bought, of all things, balsamic vinegar and olive oil!!! Company called 7barrels has a birth close to the food area. I stopped at the booth cause I thought it was whiskey..

I did hear the blue halo guys offering their glass blanks for $110 each.

Some deals on redington waders too.

I enjoyed it.

Did anyone attending notice if there were any reduced prices for Simms waders at the show? If so, which day or days? I would like to buy new Simms waders, and may attend the Lancaster show in March.

eunanhendron wrote:
Went to the show today. Wasn't really looking for deals but more to go there and check it out (this was my first time at this show)

Was pretty busy, and I bought, of all things, balsamic vinegar and olive oil!!! Company called 7barrels has a birth close to the food area. I stopped at the booth cause I thought it was whiskey..

I did hear the blue halo guys offering their glass blanks for $110 each.

Some deals on redington waders too.

I enjoyed it.

Good decision on the balsamic vinegar and olive oil. I always stock up there!

Did anyone attending notice if there were any reduced prices for Simms waders at the show? If so, which day or days? I would like to buy new Simms waders, and may attend the Lancaster show in March.

Hunter Banks (fly shop out of NC I think) had some pretty good deals on Simms and Patagonia gear, 50-40% off on most clothing items. They were also at the Lancaster show last year. I'm not currently in the market for waders, so didn't pay much attention, but they had some on display...

Back