2016 Somerset FF Show - 29-31 Jan

L

lestrout

So who else is going? It's in 2 weeks. Anyone wanting to carpool from West Chester area?

The Somerset FF show is the 29-31st. The fee for one day's entry is $18. Any folks interested in attending, carpooling, or linking up at the show, feel free to post in this thread.
Thanks,
DaveW

Somerset Show

I will be there. Are any members going to be exhibiting?

I'll be there. Most likely Saturday.
Mike B

Will be there on Saturday. Never went to Somerset for A show so decided to give it A shot

I will be there Saturday with a friend of mine from Valley Forge TU. I wish they still sold the PAFLYFISH hats so I could recognize the other members. PM if you want to meet up for lunch. I usually eat fairly early.

Andy

I will be there Saturday with a friend of mine from Valley Forge TU. I wish they still sold the PAFLYFISH hats so I could recognize the other members. PM if you want to meet up for lunch. I usually eat fairly early.

Andy

I'll be going Friday to see the fly fishing film fest. Going to the show all Saturday then fishing the Pequest on Sunday. Should be a fun weekend. Would love to meet up with everyone there. Salmo I will have my PFF hat on so look for me!

I plan on going Saturday. I usually go Friday and stay for the film show (that is awesome), but prior engagements have me there Saturday.

Is the same film show going to be at Lancaster show? That's a 1 hr vs 2 hr drive for me, which makes a difference late at night.

The show that is at Somerset on Friday night is the same show that will be at Lancaster on that Saturday.

I think I'm not going to be able to make it till Sunday. Is the show winding down by then or is it still going to be worth spending the day? It's about a 2hr drive for me so if I really do need to make changes I'd like to do them asap. I've never been to a FF show before so I'm just looking to hit the best day. Maybe even take off Friday if you all think its worth it. I did here you can sometimes get better deals on materials on Sunday though. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. Is anyone going from the Landenberg area? Just a shot in the dark.

Thanks

Nathan

You can get some really good deals on Sunday... especially in late afternoon. Dealers looking to NOT pack things back up, etc...
Mike B

I want to go down Friday but don't want to drive by myself. I will be heading south on 61 from Shamokin to 78 east. If anyone wants to carpool let me know.

I'm also willing to car pool with someone in the Phily and south area I'd be hitting I95 in Newark DE if anyone is interested.

And I'm willing to go either Saturday or Sunday.

Les, you going up for 1 day or more?

Yo Jerr - I usually just do a day. Sometimes I meet buds from the New York Anglers Club for lunch, sometimes I go Friday for max selection, and sometimes Sunday for the deals. Any particular day work for you?

A couple friends and I are making the trek Friday. Are the lines long to get in I got them online.

Friday has always been my day of choice since most people are still at work and you can talk more with some of the vendors without forming a line.

The line is long in the morning, but that is for those buying their tickets there. If you pre-purchased the tickets you should be fine.

Back