2015 PAFF Eastern PA Instructional Jamboree (Newbie Jam) Sunday 3/29/15

Larry wrote:
Haven't been around lately. But I'd like to help. I can do just about any demonstration or coaching. Just a warning, I'll still show up anyways :). Larry

Not to worry - we'll put you to work. Glad to have your help!

How's your knot tying/leader building skills? FrequentTyer could use some company at his station. He'll be soooooo prepared, all you have to do is show up. FT is good company, and he REALLY knows his stuff.

I'm hoping I will be able to come! Started fly fishing last year so this would be great to have the help from all of you guys! Really looking forward to meeting everyone and leaning more then my brain can take in!

Yes, I build my leaders & would be happy to demonstrate how to. Look forward to sharing space with FT. Larry

Getting closer!

Looking forward to meeting some new faces!

Traveling to Ohio today and then driving back on Monday. Time to gather gear and get handouts printed!

My invite must have got lost in the mail. JK :-D

Sunday's are touch and go for me as my wife sometimes has mass as is the case next Sunday at 12. Enjoy boys and hope to wet a line with some of you very soon.

Hoping I can make it out for the event.

Foxgap239 wrote:
My invite must have got lost in the mail. JK :-D

Silly Fox. You NEVER need an invitation to be a part of anything I do - I just assume you'll be there.

Mass doesn't go all day, so if you hustle, you could meet us for lunch or just fish the BWO hatch with us.

Besides, I need someone to park next to me so JT doesn't. :cool:

I will cover both of you in kimchee at lunch.

And park next to both of you.

Heritage-Angler wrote:
Besides, I need someone to park next to me so JT doesn't. :cool:

Larry wrote:
Yes, I build my leaders & would be happy to demonstrate how to. Look forward to sharing space with FT. Larry
Hi Larry, I'm glad that you will be joining us! I pretty well have hand tied leaders covered with handouts and hands on demonstration. Of course the more there merrier :) It would be good to also plan to cover extruded leaders, and plan for very basic questions like "what's a tippet?" Some of the folks attending are very much beginners and even a simple cinch knot needs explaining.
I'll look forward to meeting you next week,
Mike.

Volksnurse wrote:
.....And park next to both of you....

Note to self - Bring sledgehammer. :hammer:

Attachments

• Element1.jpg
    Element1.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 5
Its about 2 hours drive for me but I'll definitely be there

So unkind...a sure sign of jealousy...

BTW.. ..bringing you a jar of Habenero Hell...

Heritage-Angler wrote:
Volksnurse wrote:
.....And park next to both of you....

Note to self - Bring sledgehammer. :hammer:

Mike/FT
Got your point, KISS very good policy to follow :cool:. Leadercalc waaay to much info. Stay with basic, easy to use, uncluttered info about fly fishing & tying, basic patterns, leaders, only basic knots, tippet to leader, mono/floro etc. If they want more info, we can supply it.
Larry

good advice.

Gary Kell taught me at the last CI workshop to have a 1 sentence, 3 sentence and full explanation reply when teaching. the trick (I am discovering) is to know when to use them.

Looking forward to helping out on sunday.

Bump

Hopefully this weather treats us right on Sunday.

Yes, I hope the weather is nice as well. I will be there regardless. For I have now figured out how to tie a green weenie. :-o :-o

Awesome! :p :pint:

GenCon wrote:
For I have now figured out how to tie a green weenie. :-o :-o

Back