2015 Mid-Atlantic Fly Casting Championship (June 20)

TimRobinsin

TimRobinsin

Any casting nerds interested in this?

Anyone interested in meeting together to setup and practice?

I will be up in Bellefonte the 13th and 14th if people want to get together. we can go from there.

Derek, are you talking May or June for the 13th and 14th?

june

That's a real possibility.

let me know.

Looking forward to another great day of learning and improving!

Bump.

This event is less than two weeks out. We had a good turnout last year and there is a separate thread coordinating practice for folks hoping to compete. For rules and registration form, hit the CVTU website.

2014 Casting Competition

Looking forward to saturday. Anyone interested in meeting for breakfast?

Hey Guys,

For those who are not pre-registered, I'm planning to start the comp at 10am, wrap it up around lunchtime.

9am is a judges meeting where I'll probably run thru a mock round, 9:30 I'd like to go over any questions with ya'll.

Gates officially open at 8:30 for Heritage Day, I'll be there before then getting organized...please don't forget we're expected to pay the gate fee, $10 or $25 with lunch. Worth it for everything else that's going on...I opted for the lunch option, Allenberry does a pretty darn good picnic spread.

thanks and see ya'll tomorrow!

Looking forward to it tomitrout!

Well, as those of you who attended the comp. know, I wasn't there. Instead, I was being released from the hospital about the time you were preparing to begin.

I ended up having to go to the E.R. Friday afternoon and I was pretty sure I was experiencing an infection in my right leg. I've had six of them over the last nearly 40 years. It all started Thursday a.m. Over the course of the evening and early morning I was pumped full of nasty antibiotics (nasty to the bad bacteria that invaded my leg, that is) which seemed to work well over the course of treatment. I'm still on antibiotics for a bit; but, at least I'm back home.

Hope all attendees had a great time and congratulations to the winners! Wish I could have been there, but...

Let's hear all the details.

Dave R.

Dave, the Good Lord wanted others to have a chance-- get well soon.

Qwik run down, I'm putting together a fuller report over the next day or so..

Mike McFarland had high score for the day and took the Open class win, Robert Davis and Bob Stouffer were second and third.

Darren Wishard won the Angler Class, with Jeff Seltzer and Rod Cross rounding out podium.

We had two two juniors with Dacota Leader posting the top score followed by Brent Jones.

Near as I can tell everybody had a good time, we had 14 total competitors, another uptick over last year which I'll take as a good sign. I thought it ran smoothly for the most part and wheels are already turning for an even bigger event next year...thankfully the rain held off, the Breeches is running a little bit high and off color today.

Dave, hope you heal up quick! Sorry you couldn't make it.

Back