2013 Winter Photo Contest - Reminder

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like lightweight reels.

For regular PA trout fishing- the reel is little more than something that holds the line.

I have never been into my backing on a trout stream- maybe someday.

Steelhead and Salt- "now for something completely different"

Last edited by a moderator:
DaveKile
Acristickid I would agree. I am sure the steelhead fishing guys would jump in that a more sturdy and capable reel is a non-negotiable.

Thanks

Last edited:
turkey
I have a couple reels that don't have all the features of higher end models that work just fine for small stream trout.
I got a new fully machined, large arbor 7/8 weight with a good disc drag this winter, and when i finally landed my first steelhead with it, i couldnt believe how much more in control i felt while playing the fish.
I would recommend spending a little extra on a higher end reel as far as steelhead fishing is concerned. its worth it.

Last edited:
DaveKile
DanceswithFlies.jpg
We have some fantastic anglers on this site and many who have shared some wonderful images from their fly fishing experiences. It doesn't matter if photography is your passion, your hobby, or just an occasional pastime, we invite you to participate in the Paflyfish photo contest, recognizing the beauty and character of fly fishing in the Pennsylvania fly fishing region. I thought it would be fun to capture those images this winter.

Winning photos will be displayed on the Paflyfish website and we have prizes from our sponsor Allen Fly Fishing. Allen Fly Fishing is offer prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. Details of those prizes will be shared shortly, but you can be sure it will involve fly rods and reels!

Both amateur and professional photographers are welcome to participate. Photos must be submitted in digital format; see contest rules for details.

Each participant may submit one photograph in total. All images must be digitally uploaded. You can upload your images at the photo section. Select the “2013 Winter Photo Contest” Category when submitting your photograph.

Start Date: December 21, 2012 at 12:00 AM, EST End Date: March 19, 2013 at 12:00 PM EST. We’re not responsible for errors that may terminate the contest early so enter soon.

Sorry for the length and this is intended to be fun, but most all questions can be answered by reading the rules and directions below. Please read!

No payment necessary to enter or win

Photo Eligibility
To enter, you must be at least 18 years of age and a U.S. citizen. PaFlyFish.com employees, moderators and their immediate family members are not eligible. All photos must be taken in Pennsylvania region, which includes: New York, New Jersey, Maryland and Ohio during the timeframe of the contest. The photo subject must be relevant to fly fishing in the region.

How to Enter
Digital photos may be submitted online only. You must register on the PalyFish.com website. Previously uploaded photographs can be resubmitted. You can upload your images in the photo section. Select the “2013 Winter Photo Contest” Category when submitting your photograph. Entries must be received by the deadline (see above). Digital images will not be returned. No mail or postal entries accepted.

Image Modifications:
Minor digital enhancement is permitted, but images that have been significantly modified or appear unnatural will be disqualified.
Not Permitted:
* No borders or frames may be added to images.
* No watermarks, signatures, or copyright notices may be added to images. All winning images will be displayed with the photographer's name.

Photo Formats
Entries must be digital JPEG images and images should be 1024 pixels on the longest side at 72PPI. Please read the specific guidelines for submitting prints and digital images. Winning entries may be requested to provide larger available images.

Judging
Entries will be judged on the basis of creativity, photographic quality, and effectiveness in conveying the beauty and/or unique character of [d]Pennsylvania[/d] Winter Fly Fishing.

Winners
Judges will select a first, second and third place winning photos. Winners will be announced on the website and notified approximately 1-2 weeks after the contest deadline by website private messaging and email using the information provided in your PaFlyFish website registration. Winning photographs, along with the photographer's name, email address (optional) and information about the photo, will be displayed on the PaFlyFish.com website.

Photographer/Copyright
Entries must be submitted by the original photographer. Do not submit a photo taken by someone other than yourself. You must be the sole owner of the copyright of any image submitted. Your submission of the photo and entry form is your guarantee that you are the author and copyright holder of the photo.

Photo Subject Restrictions
We cannot accept photos that contain any nudity and follow site guidelines. PaFlyFish.com retains sole discretion as to what constitutes inappropriate content. Winners will be selected based on several criteria including, originality, theme, technical & artistic details, story, and visual impact. Notified winning photos containing recognizable people must be able to provide a signed model release to be announced as a winner.

Ownership/Use Rights
Photographers retain the copyright to their photographs. By entering the contest, photographers agree to have their submitted photograph displayed on the PaFlyFish.com website without any fee or other form of compensation, and agree that PaFlyFish.com may display winning photos in a "past winners" photo gallery, and may make and retain copies of the photograph for archival purposes. Posted photos will be subject to the PaFlyFish.com website photo use policy. Photos will be credited to the photographer named in the entry form. Entries (including non-winning entries) may be selected for display or use in PaFlyFish.com web pages. Your entry to the contest constitutes your agreement to allow your photographs — and your name, city and state of residence — to be published as selected award winners in all materials related to the contest and to be published or used on websites owned or operated by Kile Media Group and PaFlyFish.com; and used for promotions of the website including, but not limited to, exhibitions, a photo calendar, a compilation book or electronic collection of photographs, online photo features, and web pages providing information, updates, rules and photography and fly fishing tips. Entrants retain Copyright ownership and all other rights to future use of their photographs. PaFlyFish.com shall have the right to verify, in their sole judgment, winner eligibility.

K
I tried to enter, don't think my photo went through, do you guys look at them before they are uploaded or should it be there?

Also how many entries are you allowed? Thanks

Last edited:
K
I tried to enter, don't think my photo went through, do you guys look at them before they are uploaded or should it be there?

Last edited:
K

Last edited:
DaveKile
One entry per person. I don't see your entry. You might want to try again.

Last edited:
DaveKile

Last edited:
DaveKile

Last edited:
K
Will do, thank you

Edit: It's all good, I had to make the image smaller, it was over the 500Kb of data

Last edited:
K
Will do, thank you

Edit: It's all good, I had to make the image smaller, it was over the 500Kb of data

Last edited:
K
Will do, thank you

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back