2 weight line

Makee

Makee

I recently acquired a Orvis Silver label TL Mid Flex 7.0 2 weight with a Ross Gunnison G1,I am looking for a good line to pair with this set up. Does anyone have any suggestions on a good line for this? should i go with a 2 weight line or a 3 weight line?

thanks for your advise

Yo Makee

One way to recycle old line and also hack your way to a 2wt line is to use the running line of an old WF. Mike the diameter - it varies from 0.030 t0 0.043". If you examine the taper of the very light 1 and 2 wts, you will see the taper dimensions vary very subtly.

I adjust the casting dynamics by playing around with the leader butts to get the level line to roll out. This hack works best with short casts - under 35' - but that's my operating range with these ultralights anyway.

Another similar approach is to use a running line - again check out the diameter to decide whether it's going to work as a 1, 2 or 3wt.

The best part, besides being cheap, is when you wear out the front part of the line, just cut it off and reattach the leader. I figure some of my setups will last for thousands of hours - pretty good since I figure my lines last for 300-600 fishing hours.

I have a 7'9" 2 weight - Loomix IMX - and I like to fish a 3 weight line on it.
Currently using a Ridge line, which I like a lot

I use Cortland's Spring Creek 2WF on my St. Criox Avid 7'6" 2 weight. This line works well for me and fits the rod. It has a 4 foot tip section and is a great line for delicate presentations.

Use 2wt line. There is no reason to overline. Try Royal Wulffs Triangle Taper. I love it. It's the best roll casting line out there, which you do a lot with a 2wt on small streams. And it overhead casts like a dream.

http://royalwulff.com/products/triangle-taper-floating-fly-line/

Depends on the action for me. I have a fast action 2 weight (cablela TQR) and I overlined it with Rio Gold 3wt line, and it casts very well in all conditions. With a medium actioned (mid-flex) rod Id suggest a 2wt line.

Makee,

I have a 2 wt line I'll never use again (sold the rod). If you want it its yours. Its Sci Angler XPS. You can try it and if you don't like it at least you'll have an idea of what you don't want.

Just PM your info and I'll send it.

Rio Trout LT DTF2 - two lines for the price of one.

Thank you all for the input! i will look at all my options.

Cathy- Thank you, i sent you a PM

Back