2 Irish and 1 American Salmon flies

eunanhendron

eunanhendron

Edwin (An early american pattern) Size 2 - I know nothing more about it that that. I saw it on another forum and wanted to tie it. It wll be featured in an upcoming book about salmon flies (i know nothing of the book either except that it will be good judging from the patterns i've seen that will be featured in it. Deviated from the pattern slightly in that i used yellow goose shoulder in the wing instead of yellow macaw. The head is wool, though i might have been mohair on the one i saw. Size 2
2012-07-10_07-18-25_32.jpg

Kingsmill - This is an Irish pattern I found in 'Irish Trout and Salmon Flies by EJ Malone. It was originally conceived by T.C Kingsmill-Moore, another Irish tyer, and first published in his book "A Man May Fish". It can be tied small for trout, or large for Salmon, this is size 2 salmon iron
2012-07-10_07-17-51_198.jpg

Faughan Purple - An irish salmon fly also from Malone, named after the River Faughan in my home country of Northern Ireland.
Not the best rendition and there is much i would like to redo on this one, but you get the general idea. I believe this is a 1/0
2012-07-10_07-19-01_767.jpg

Back