1 st time fly fishing this year.

hunter1

hunter1

Hi all. I'm into my 6th month after a total right knee operation. This summer I mostly fished at the beach from a pier, and tried surf fishing and fly fishing the surf for a week with no problems. This weekend I'm wanting to fish the Gun Powder, I know wading will be a little more tricky than standing on a pier or beach. The question has anyone had this operation, and how long before you fly fished streams. I have a staff to use . Thanks all.

I had a total left knee replacement. I completed physical therapy eight weeks after the surgery, and was able to wade and play golf immediately after completing physical therapy. Hope all goes well and fishing is good!

I had a total left knee replacement. I completed physical therapy eight weeks after the surgery, and was able to wade and play golf immediately after completing physical therapy. Hope all goes well and fishing is good!
Thanks, I can't wait.

Flows have been up on the Gunpowder and have been coming back down over the last few days. Should make for good wading conditions by the weekend.

Wondering if you got out, and if so, did you have any luck?

I fished the Gunpowder when the flows were in the 170 CFS range and it fished well. I see flows have dropped down to more normal levels now.

Sorry not to get back sooner. I plan on going this Saturday to the GP. There calling for some showers, but some of my best days were rainy days. The water is low, not running fast , I should be ok. I'm using my Sage LL 3 wt. Love that rod. I wasn't able to get out then, School started, I'm a Paraprofessional at a high school. It's been hectic.

Well I went to the GP yesterday. Knee held up great. I didn't catch any fish, but it was alot of fun, it quit raining about 7 a.m. and started up around 10:30 a.m. again. The only problem I had was seeing the tippets to tie knots and tying the fly to the tippet. I wear glasses, but also use the flip down magnafiers to tie the knots. Everthing was a double immage. I got them done but it took a long time to tie. Next weekend I'm fly fishing the salt marsh behind my place in O.C.MD.

Back