Penns Creek smallmouth!

The farthest downstream on Middle Ck that I electrofished was the impoundment in Middleburg where we collected the largest largemouth that I saw in 42 yrs of doing lake, stream, and river warmwater fish population surveys. It was 27” long. My only other memory of outstanding fish in Middle Ck was the size and abundance of fallfish.
That's really awesome! I haven't had the chance to target largies much since I primarily fish penns. As far as middleburg goes, my dad grew up fishing the reservoir over that way, but the most I've done is hit the golf course ponds. There's some monster perch in their ponds. I can also definitely confirm there is still an abundance of fallfish in middle creek.

Some of my best smallmouth days have been on Penns. My experience has been the SMB are better quality & tougher on the Susky, but the numbers on Penns are usually excellent and repeatable year to year. I remember landing 17 one morning on a white zonker....I didn't move any more than 10 yards downstream the whole time. Yup, they were stacked up!

Jawbreaker!
Get your angles out before being ignorant. It's crazy I'll catch the same smallies all year round have proof of the same ones being held at this angle yet still thriving just goes to show your true colors fella. Plus I probably land more smallies in a year than most guides I know crazy your the only one that's ever had a problem let's see a wanna be on paflyfish or professional guides and elite tourney fisherman I talk to on the daily. How many trout have you killed I'm sure you'll lie about that

What do we have to trust here fella? I'd give you the spot if you weren't so ignorant lol. A name really hurts ya feelings doesn't it oldhead?

I was just messin with you man. Maybe take a step back, read the board and ease into this place a little bit. No need to come in so hot, lots of good knowledgeable people here. See ya on the water

Back