Your FF skill level?

afishinado

afishinado

Staff member
How would you rank your skill level as a FF for trout?

Beginner – Just started FF. Learning basic casts and presentations.

Beginner/Journeyman – Can execute basic casts and presentations. Can identify some insects and have a basic knowledge of fly types and patterns. Have fished several types of streams with several types/species of trout.

Journeyman – Can execute all the basic and some advanced casts. Can fish using most types of flies, presentations, and equipment. Can identify hatches of common species and have a knowledge of many fly types and patterns. Have experience in varied types of streams with varied types/species of trout

Skilled Journeyman – Can execute all the basic and most of the advanced casts. Can fish using all types of flies, presentations, and equipment. Can identify most hatches on the water and have a good knowledge of the flies used to imitate them. Have fished nearly all types of water for nearly all types/species of trout.

Expert – Can execute advanced casts. Can fish well using all types of flies, presentations, and equipment. Have a vast knowledge of entomology, hatches, and the flies used to imitate them. Have extensive experience fishing all types of water for all types/species of trout.

I'm a journeyman for trout. As for other species I'm not as polished.
JH

No disrespect but your ratings sound like armchair ones.

I just like to fish.

Mo, Jack, Pad, or Dave:

I tried to start a poll and it didn't seem to work. Can any of you help to set it up?

Pete,

Unfortunately, I’m sitting in an armchair and not fishing right now. I’m open for suggestions…………

Why are we getting so many "duplicate" topics lately? This is the second "double" this week!?

Back