York,PA

SNJChef

SNJChef

Have a work meeting in York PA Tuesday morning will be done noonish, want to hit a stream after the meeting. I looked up trout streams on the pa fish map, lookng for suggestions in the area. Never fished this area before.

Thanks in advance.

Take the 30 minute drive and head to Boiling Springs for the Yellow Breeches or Carlisle for the Letort.

Whereabouts in York?
Plenty of good streams in York County but which side of the city will determine where you should go.

I will be at 2400 Kingston Ct, York, PA 17402

Do you want to fish for wild trout, stocked trout, or a mix of both in the same stream? What width of stream do you prefer? As was said, lots of choices in York Co. Some might even be on your route home.

Pm sent

A mix of both and width does not matter to me. Just don't get out as much as I did in the past and have a few hours of free time.

jrj wrote:
Take the 30 minute drive and head to Boiling Springs for the Yellow Breeches or Carlisle for the Letort.

I can see fishing the Breeches. I was in the area two weeks ago and never seen the Letort in Carlisle, so I checked the TU area at Vince's Meadow (I think it was it) and the creek looked in rough shape. I don't have a baseline for comparison but it looked low and devoid of vegetation (and fish).

Believe it or not you're actually not terribly far from Maryland there. I had work meetings in York a while back and fished Gunpowder. Plenty of reports on this site about that fishery if you're interested. As a tailwater, it stays cold. Air temps are pleasant for the summertime fisherman as well.

I missed this post but too bad, if you really wanted to get into some good fish, since you were in the area you could have checked this place out.

Ginmiya

2524 Eastern Blvd, York, PA 17402
(717) 755-2577

https://g.co/kgs/LezWYt

Pretty good sushi place. Lots of stuff on the menu. Japanese and other oriental cuisine. :-D :lol:

Back