Yellow Creek questions

JG63

JG63

All,

While researching this water I've found conflicting reports about the special regulated water. Some websites have it as delayed harvest while the PAFBC site has it as C&R no kill fly fishing. I'm just curious as to when and if the regs had changed. I am assuming the Fish Commission has the correct data. ALSO, where are the boundaries of the beaver property - Upstream or downstream of the PAFBC special reg section? Sorry if this has been addressed before.... Just looking to clarify - thanks.

It is FFO C&R - don't know exact year but it would have been at the same time they removed the DHFFO designation from a number of other streams.

Beaver property is downstream of the regulated stretch.

Right now the only open water is the fly project and the section above the gap but it is by permission only...beaver does own some water above the gap also but he is selling it all

Attack -

How much snow is around the mountains there?
I thought about going out there today. But figured the warmup would probably melt a a bunch of snow into the creek

I was there Saturday stream was up from the week before. There was still some snow on the ground so I'd say the stream will be up for a couple days but probably will be good by the weekend.

YC is my home stream. Fish it almost every week, several days a week in the fall/winter.

As other posters said, the special reg section is FFO, C&R. Beaver has water below and above the fly property, but again, as stated before, is trying to sell the upper section I Believe, at least one of them.

Great all year stream, and don't be afraid to try water outside of the FFO.

Water was a little high and cloudy/muddy today, but fishable. Slower than usual.

Brown its all for sale (up stream and down stream for the FFO), he has already sold some property and working on the rest. Tucker i was there saturday also, were there two of you together if so i probably talked to you while you were walking out.

Ok thanks attackone.

for all of you guys that fish yellow creek, if your not already you should think about joining the yellow creek coalition. If anyone is interested or has any questions about what we do let me know.

Back