Yellow Creek or Big Cove Creek

Z

Zeke16

I plan to fly fish either Yellow or Big Cove Creek on Friday, May 16th. I have not fished either creek before. On which creek would I likely see more action?

Where did you end up? How did it go?

I ended up fishing neither due to time constraints.

I did fish Blacklog Creek in Orbisonia for the first time. It is a beautiful trout stream. Landed 6 nice trout in two hours. I plan to fish more of the creek in the future.

I did fish Blacklog Creek in Orbisonia for the first time. It is a beautiful trout stream. Landed 6 nice trout in two hours. I plan to fish more of the creek in the future.
Thats a good looking creek I have driven by it. Is there more than a small amount of access on lower blacklog near town?i know in the headwaters there is some. I didn’t know if was posted in most places, public, or private or not.

I don't know the detailed answers to your question, but it appeared to have a fair amount of open water.

Nice I plan to fish that spot in Orbi next weekend! Trout were wild or stocked?

Blacklog is not a trout stream in Orbisonia. It's got good water, some neat structure, etc, but it will warm. To the best of my knowledge it's a stocked stream only down there. Head into the headwaters in the SF and you'll find wild fish.

Back