Yellow Creek Gorge - Posted (Bedford)

LetortAngler

LetortAngler

Just would like to update those who fish Yellow Creek (Beford) that over half of the gorge on the upper end has been posted. Talked to a local today who said the signs went up last week. From what the local told me, the property was up for sale for about a year, and sold for only a couple grand per acre a few weeks ago. It’s a shame the PFBC couldn’t secure this for the public as it was a very popular spot for anglers.

I'm afraid we're all going to have to get used to seeing this happen. Except for streams on public lands, I imagine most trout streams will be almost entirely posted in the next 20 years. Being old, I won't live to see it, but it is occurring increasingly around here, too.

There are lots of reasons, but the most upsetting around here is angler misbehavior and disrespect of private properties, including littering, cutting fences, blocking lanes, and even allowing dogs accompanying them to chase cattle through a pasture. Pogo: "We have met the enemy, and it is us."

Thanks for sharing this information. I'm going to move this over to Fly fishing locations forum.

Take it this is the section above the fly area, had a lot of good years on that stretch.

Back