Wulff TT (Saltwater)

eunanhendron

eunanhendron

Anyone used this line? how does it compare to other saltwater lines.

My application is bonefish in Bahamas.

Thanks in advance.

Eunan

Haven't used it. I used sa mastery bonefish and it was a nice, true to weight line. Not a super short head either.

eunanhendron wrote:
Anyone used this line? how does it compare to other saltwater lines.

My application is bonefish in Bahamas.

Thanks in advance.

Eunan

I haven't had experience with the line, myself, but I know some guides that swear by it down there.

And here is a comment from an experienced saltwater FFer that I know quite well >

I use the saltwater TT in 12wt and also have the 14wt ambush. The TT line is great and holds up very well. It hits rocks and of course it manages to get under my feet in the boat and the coating holds up well.

As I have found out, it is a warm water line and Once I get into late November it stiffens and is tough to straighten. But during warm periods it's great. Had mine for 2 years and it's my main line. Easily over 100 outings and I fish pretty rough terrain.

I've had 3 Ambush lines. Decent but the coating is prone to cracking. This one is definitely not a cold water line. In fact in cold weather its plain terrible. When this line goes I probably won't replace it.

I also use TT on my 5wt rod. Had it for like 10 years. Just starting to fall apart.

Hop that helps!...have a great trip.

thanks for the input guys. i appreciate it.
Just realized they dont make a 7 wt line, so overlining my 7 wt with an 8 wt line might be the way to go....i'll have to cast it first to try it out.

Thanks again

I dont have the tropical line, I do like the regular salt line. But with that being said I use all shooting head style lines like outbound for all my salt excursions now .

Back