WTB Used 3wt for small freestone natives

drakeking412

drakeking412

Looking for a used 3wt rod and possibly reel to try and start tackling small native streams over the summer. Let me know what you have, my price is sort of flexible.

I have an LL Bean Pocketwater 7'-6'' 3wt with matching reel loaded with a Floating SA line.

I've only used the setup a few times because I got a CGR in 6'6'' 4wt which handles the situations I get into a little be better.

A word of caution.... if you are looking to throw wooly buggers or heavy nymphs, this is probably not the rod for you. It can get buy but this rod is really very delicate and best suited for tossing dry flies.

Ya it seems I might be looking for the wrong rod. The more I read the more I see that it is better to have a short 7-8' 4wt instead of the 3wt one of the reasons being exactly what you said. My primary mission is Class A wild brookies so any help would be greatly appreciated!

I have an 8ft 3wht Native Custom rod for sale ,medium action
They don't make these anymore
PM me for any questions

I have an 6'6 Orvis Flea bamboo rod which would be ideal for this scenario. its a 4 wt. I also have brand new 4 wt line (never spooled on a reel) to go with it, and can probably find a reel to balance the rod (Ocean City 76 or such)

Let me know if this is something you're interested in pursuing further

@Drakeking412...I have a bunch of rods. PM me with your email and I can send pics/description. I'm looking to thin the herd down and have at least three rods that are perfect for what you need and looking to do.

Back