WTB: Old magazines

A

AngryViking

Hi all!

In search of 1950’s, 60’s and 70’s sports afield, field and stream and outdoor sportsman magazines with ads in tact. Working on a project with a friend and we need reference material. Any help would be much appreciated!

I just came from camp, where there's magazines dated as far back as the 1930's.

Not sure the crew would be willing to part with them, though.

I just came from camp, where there's magazines dated as far back as the 1930's.

Not sure the crew would be willing to part with them, though.
Don’t need them that far back lol. But that’s awesome. Let me know, completely understandable if they want to hold onto them

What is the nature of your project?

Back in the early 70's, when I was in Junior High, I used to go to the library on some of my "free periods" and I'd read the old Outdoor Life, Field & Stream, and Sports Afield magazines. They had ALL of the back issues. I wish I had some of those old magazines, they're probably worth something today.

Back in the early 70's, when I was in Junior High, I used to go to the library on some of my "free periods" and I'd read the old Outdoor Life, Field & Stream, and Sports Afield magazines. They had ALL of the back issues. I wish I had some of those old magazines, they're probably worth something today.
I remember this as well! Would get so stressed out wondering what the library allotment would be from study hall when I knew a recent edition of these had come out. Loved the Pa Angler best. Pa Game News was my last choice though lately I have been wanting to read them for some reason.

Then there was the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit issue.......!

I also remember the excitement of our dad taking us to Clay Bookstore to buy old editions of the outdoor magazines. 10 cents apiece. We would sit around for days reading every word including the ads. They had really cool topographic and relief maps of Pennsylvania there as well.

Troutbert

We are putting together an online site to see old fiberglass rods, ads and other info. So we are looking for those magazines to purchase and scan the ads.

Hi all!

In search of 1950’s, 60’s and 70’s sports afield, field and stream and outdoor sportsman magazines with ads in tact. Working on a project with a friend and we need reference material. Any help would be much appreciated!
AngryViking
Check your PM messages

I have fly tyer from the beginning along with a few other fly fishing mags from back in the day. Even a few Mid-Atlantic fly fishing papers. More than welcome to come to my fly shop to look and take pics if needed.

I'd love to have some of the old, original Pennsylvania Game News magazines. Had a subscription when I was a kid. I really enjoyed the "Days of Yore" photos.

Back