WTB Cortland 444 5DT Peach

StreamBottom

StreamBottom

Looking for one in very good to excellent condition.
Thanks for looking.

for your troubles

IMG_3752_zpsf71c76a6.jpg

they are not that expensive and one of the less expensive fly lines out there look for closeouts on the web this time of year.

Best price I've found for new is around 50bucks with shipping. hookhack.com

Yo Stre

Even better from the same company is H&H DT-5-F Hi Floater Line, which is the 444 dyed to a nice furtive olive. It's often on sale for 29.95.

lestrout wrote:
Yo Stre

Even better from the same company is H&H DT-5-F Hi Floater Line, which is the 444 dyed to a nice furtive olive. It's often on sale for 29.95.

Huh? No kidding, same company?

Thanks Man!

PS The Peach is a sweetheart of a line when paired with bamboo.

Yo Stre

re "PS The Peach is a sweetheart of a line when paired with bamboo."

Yuppers. Glass and some boron too.

lestrout wrote:
Yo Stre

While the H&H lines are definitely Cortland's, I don't think they are the same taper as Classic 444's. Pretty sure I've seen it stated that they are closer to the spring creek 444 lines. If I recall correctly they are not exactly Spring Creeks either.

On a side note, Cortland will manufacturer private labels to spec. All you need is the motivation and enough coin to place a minimum order. It's been pretty easy to tell who gets their lines from Cortland as the lines are on Cortland spools.

I probably should give some of the newer Cortland lines a shot. Used the 444's when they were still a higher end line and liked the clear creek taper ( I think that is what it was back then). Got really let down by the 555 lines, probably the worst fly line I've ever owned. Switched to SA's and Rio and got hooked on the slicker coatings, and now, textured surfaces.

Kev

Maybe I received some rejects from H&H but the last two lines I received from them were level lines marked double taper. I threw both of them in the garbage....and yes I did speak to H&H about the issue.

Go with the Cortland Peach line. Great lines!

Ron

Back