WTB: 7 weight graphite rod

raftman

raftman

Hey folks,

Looking for a 7 weight graphite rod if anyone has something they'd like to get rid of. Something in the 9' range for smallies, carp, etc. I've been using my Steffen glass rod all summer and love it but would like something with a bit more ... oomph... on those windy days, etc. GLoomis, Scott, Sage, etc.

Thanks!

- Michael

wbranch had one for sale at one time , might still be available

Dear raftman,

Please don't laugh but for $ 50.00 a Piscifun Sword 9ft 7wt will do what you want it do. I've been very happy with mine and I have several other 7wt rods that I could use. It is by far the nicest el-cheapo rod I have ever fished with.

Regards,

Tim Murphy :)

Hey Tim,

Solid idea man! Not laughing at all... I appreciate your input and I may just go that route if I don't find anything that catches my eye.

All good things,

Michael

I am liking these rods the Redington Path - 130.00 bucks

Nice! Thanks!

I'd like to get my hands on one of those new Scott Waves to try it out...

Nice! Always a fan of the vintage Bean stuff... might have to try this one out. Thanks!

I have an older original echo saltwater. 9' 7wt and it's caught a ton of fish. Cork needs some filler where your index finger goes. Casts great. At least 10 people in this form have thrown it and said how good of a streamer rod it is. $50 it's yours. Local pickup... not shipping it (sorry)

I also have a Redington pursuit (same as the path... they just renamed it and changed the color. That one is a 9.5' 7wt. Sell that for $80.

If you want a cannon, you're going to drop a good chunk of money. The only thing that I can think of that could be considered a cannon of a rod that is in a relatively lower price point would be the Redington vice which comes in around 200 bucks and occasionally you can find them on sale for $150. It's heavy, has a substantial swing weight and virtually no feeling close but will launch as much line as you can handle

Last edited:
Krayfish,

Thanks man! I may take you up on those offers. I'll be in touch...

Yeah, I'm not really one to want a cannon. I'd rather have feel than power, if that makes sense. It's why I love my Steffen glass rod. Slow, but incredible feel when fighting a fish. I just want a graphite for those windier days and when I'm float fishing from the kayak and the slow rod is a bit tedious.

- MG

Back